Windows 10: designer keyboard stopped working and no longer visable in bluetooth

Discus and support designer keyboard stopped working and no longer visable in bluetooth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; . Read previous posts re same issue however they were years old. designer keyboard and mouse have been working with surface pro 4 for past 3 months.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ljdh12345, Sep 16, 2020.

1. ljdh12345 Win User

designer keyboard stopped working and no longer visable in bluetooth

. Read previous posts re same issue however they were years old. designer keyboard and mouse have been working with surface pro 4 for past 3 months. Keyboard now not working. Changed batteries, uninstalled to then try and re pair, now bluetooth doesn't detect keyboard at all. Used trouble shooting didn't detect issues, tried to follow the instructions re device manager-unistall bluetooth driver but couldn't understand the instructions how to do this. suggestions as with COVID-19 store doesn't have a replacement so really need to try and get it working again.. Mouse still working

:)

ljdh12345, Sep 16, 2020

2. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop (Keyboard) Issues

Hi,

I bought today Microsoft's Designer Bluetooth Desktop. I managed to setup and pair the keyboard and mouse with my bluetooth dongle in Windows 10 without issues. Worked a while with the keyboard and mouse, tested all the keys and everything worked as normal.

After a Windows restart the keyboard shortcuts stopped working and every time i press a shortcut key (ex.: Volume), the keyboard crashes and only starts working after i press a key 15 times. This issues happens every single time i press a shortcut key.

I uninstalled the keyboard and paired it again to my machine and it starts working again as it should. But every time i restart my machine or don't use the keyboard and mouse for a period of time it stops working again.

My Windows is updated and my system has all its drivers updated (Asus BT400 bluetooth adapter and Designer Desktop keyboard and mouse).

I found identical issues on this forum, and tried all there solutions without any good result:

At the moment i'm writing this question using the Designer Desktop keyboard with the Fn key enabled so that i don't accidentally trigger the shortcuts and freeze the keyboard.

What i would like to know is, whether or not Microsoft acknowledged this issue and is it or not working on a solution.

Looking forward for a response.

Ricky.Lopes, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Media keys on Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard not working

The media keys of my
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop
    keyboard are not working.

When I press one of the affected keys nothing happens, but the whole keyboard freezes until I hit 15 more keys. Then all of these 15 key presses are executed immediately and the keyboard starts working normal again. (The action of the media keys is never
    executed).

Additional info

• The equivalent keys on my laptops internal keyboard ARE working
    • I think it stopped working with the creators update in early 2017
    • I now have a clean install of Windows 10, so there should not be any system damage causing this problem
    • The keyboard shows up as 'Designer Bluetooth Keyboard' under 'Keyboards' and also as 'Designer Keyboard' under 'Bluetooth' in the Device-Manager
    • The latest keyboard and Intel Wireless Bluetooth drivers are installed
    • The keyboard works with Ubuntu on the same machine

The affected keys are: mute, volume (up/down), previous track, play/pause, next track, brightness (up/down).

Working special keys: search, share, cast and settings

JakobUlbrich, Sep 16, 2020
  4. designer keyboard stopped working and no longer visable in bluetooth

Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect

Hi

I just bought a new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth desktop keyboard to use with my Dell XPS 15 9530.

I'm running Windows 10 and I'm able to pair the keyboard by going to settings and adding and adding a new bluetooth device. It prompts me to type in the passkey on the keyboard and press enter.

After doing so, the device is added to the device list and after (very briefly) being listed as "Connected" it switches to be listed as "Paired".

In this state, the keyboard doesn't respond to any input - even after power cycling it. The keyboard even keeps blinking in the Esc-key as if it's still ready to pair.

I've reset the Bluetooth adapter, run the troubleshooter and made sure that all of my drivers are up to date. Nothing helps.

Any good suggestions?

KesseRasmussen, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

designer keyboard stopped working and no longer visable in bluetooth

1. designer keyboard stopped working and no longer visable in bluetooth - Similar Threads - designer keyboard stopped

2. Microsoft Designer Mouse Stopped Working - No Bluetooth Light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Mouse Stopped Working - No Bluetooth Light: Kia Ora,My Microsoft Designer Mouse stopped working. No flashing Bluetooth light on mouse after pressing pair button for 5 - 7 s and not registering on laptop. I have tried a different Bluetooth Mouse and it paired without problem. I removed the Designer Mouse from the laptop...
  3. Microsoft Designer Mouse Stopped Working - No Bluetooth Light

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Mouse Stopped Working - No Bluetooth Light: Kia Ora,My Microsoft Designer Mouse stopped working. No flashing Bluetooth light on mouse after pressing pair button for 5 - 7 s and not registering on laptop. I have tried a different Bluetooth Mouse and it paired without problem. I removed the Designer Mouse from the laptop...
  4. Microsoft Designer Mouse Stopped Working - No Bluetooth Light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  6. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  7. Microsoft Designer Keyboard stops working suddenly

Microsoft Designer Keyboard stops working suddenly: Hello Dear All, I'm experiencing a problem with my Microsoft Designer Keyboard, and in fact also the mouse from same bundle. Problem: MS Designer keyboard stops working and when i click on any key, the systems just stops for a few seconds and then it returnsRoot Cause...
  8. Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard

Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard: My designer microsoft keyboard and mouse has been working perfectly for months. Today I moved from a hotel back to my apartment. When trying to re"pair" the devices only the mouse could be found. On the keyboard latest design there is no power button or pairing button. I have...
  9. Router no longer visable, but working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router no longer visable, but working: My internet and WIFi are operating ok. I wanted to log into my Linksys router, but under the Network tab I see only my Hue bridge, and my HP printer. It was visible there in the past, but for some reason it's not showing now. Running Windows 10 Pro 154105
  10. Designer Bluetooth Keyboard no longer able to pair

Designer Bluetooth Keyboard no longer able to pair: Like many others using Windows 10, my Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard had intermittent dropouts. I tried updating drivers, tinkering with settings, etc. Finally I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard, as is a standard recommendation. Big mistake!...