Windows 10: Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard

Discus and support Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My designer microsoft keyboard and mouse has been working perfectly for months. Today I moved from a hotel back to my apartment. When trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by grumpyandjaded, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard

My designer microsoft keyboard and mouse has been working perfectly for months. Today I moved from a hotel back to my apartment. When trying to re"pair" the devices only the mouse could be found. On the keyboard latest design there is no power button or pairing button. I have changed batteries, visited the forums, updated Windows, restarted/rebooted my computer dozens of times all to no effect. As I emphasise bluetooth is not even DISCOVERING the keyboard - only the mouse. This keyboard and mouse purchase was made only 3 months ago and was working perfectly for the last two months that I have been travelling - with the same laptop - Surface Book 3. Anyone have any ideas? Many thanks, grumpyandjaded

:)

grumpyandjaded, Feb 7, 2021

2. Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect

Hi

I just bought a new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth desktop keyboard to use with my Dell XPS 15 9530.

I'm running Windows 10 and I'm able to pair the keyboard by going to settings and adding and adding a new bluetooth device. It prompts me to type in the passkey on the keyboard and press enter.

After doing so, the device is added to the device list and after (very briefly) being listed as "Connected" it switches to be listed as "Paired".

In this state, the keyboard doesn't respond to any input - even after power cycling it. The keyboard even keeps blinking in the Esc-key as if it's still ready to pair.

I've reset the Bluetooth adapter, run the troubleshooter and made sure that all of my drivers are up to date. Nothing helps.

Any good suggestions?

KesseRasmussen, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Patson Go Win User
    Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

Dear All,

I have just got my set of Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Designer as well.

yes indeed it can be quite tricky.....

the best option I personally recommend is :

1. Go to your device manager

2. Under Bluetooth, scroll down the list of devices present there.

3. Perform a manual driver update (right click every single device) for all items there.

4. Restart your PC.

5. Discover your Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (before the update in Step 3, I have removed all the Microsoft designer mouse and keyboard drivers / removed the devices). - this time round, it should connect.

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s on Windows 10 64 bit using the Intel Bluetooth LE generic hardware.

hope this helps folks....

Patson Go, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard

Connecting Microsoft Bluetooth Designer Keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forums.

You can Connect a Bluetooth device in Windows where the connectivity between your Microsoft Bluetooth device and your computer depends on your Bluetooth transceiver or in-built Bluetooth:
    Connecting a Microsoft Bluetooth® device.

As you mentioned that you are not able connect your Bluetooth keyboard to your computer, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the articles:
    Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10
    and Troubleshooting
    wireless and Bluetooth keyboard issues

Regards,

Naresh_K, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard

1. Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard - Similar Threads - Designer Microsoft Bluetooth

2. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  3. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  4. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  6. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  7. Microsoft Bluetooth designer mouse and keyboard

Microsoft Bluetooth designer mouse and keyboard: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased the set. Now, it works perfectly and still on 100% both of them, but my problem is this: Sometimes when I go Idle and come back, the keyboard or mouse won't wake up... Sometimes 1 of them and sometimes both. And there are some rare times...
  8. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

Microsoft Designer Keyboard: I purchased the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse and continuing to have issues with the keyboard, to the point where it shows as paired, but not connected. I continually have to switch my laptop on and off to get it to connect and have had to remove...
  9. Microsoft Designer Keyboard bluetooth connection issue

Microsoft Designer Keyboard bluetooth connection issue: I have just purchased a Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse. No issues in pairing the mouse though the keyboard remains a problem: Everytime I select the keyboard in 'Add a Bluetooth Device' and enter the pin provided it returns a notification to try again. I have tried...
  10. Connecting Microsoft Bluetooth Designer Keyboard

Connecting Microsoft Bluetooth Designer Keyboard: After replacing the batteries in my Microsoft Designer Keyboard I am unable to connect to my computer. I have tried connecting to my wife's HP Pavilion and I am using a Surface Pro 3. I press and held the pair button until the esc key blinks white and tried going through the...