Windows 10: Desk top and iconsplus task bar disappeared last week.

Discus and support Desk top and iconsplus task bar disappeared last week. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Last week all my desk top icons and task bar disappeared. After much searching I finally got the task bar back but have no ideas on how to get my desk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SJB PESA, Sep 26, 2018.

1. SJB PESA Win User

Desk top and iconsplus task bar disappeared last week.

Last week all my desk top icons and task bar disappeared. After much searching I finally got the task bar back but have no ideas on how to get my desk top with all the icons back. Cannot even find the recycle bin now. Also lots of weird things happening with browser windows and their display. Please help.

:)

SJB PESA, Sep 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 task bar and desk top

What are you seeing on screen at the moment? Eudora - appears to work normally

You could try powering off the computer manually, wait 10 minutes, then start it again.Done. Slow opening. Desk top appeared briefly.

Is this a laptop or computer? Laptop Pavilion dv7

Were you able to see the Sign in screen then log in? Yes

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc The list of tasks appeared in small print top left.

Click File > Run new task Can't find "File"

Type: explorer.exe presumably need "File"

Hit Enter

Your help is appreciated and obviously needed.
    Art Campbell

ArtCampbell, Sep 26, 2018
  3. CourtneyR Win User
    I can full screen Netflix but the top grey bar and the task bar do not disappear

Original title: netflix

when on Netflix watching a programme I can full screen Netflix but the top grey bar and the task bar do not disappear, help?

CourtneyR, Sep 26, 2018
  4. pn-Fritz Win User

Windows10 desk top disappeared

Here is a screen shot of the windows 8 desk top with the icons that my computer reverted back to. The second screen shot is what my desk top changed to when I upgraded to windows 10, this is what disappeared ( I realize I can get this when clicking on
    the windows icon, but before it disappeared, this became my desk top automatically when I logged on to my computer. This is what I want to get back.)
    Desk top and iconsplus task bar  disappeared last week. 8501204d-279f-4e31-8d24-f74445250c27.png

Desk top and iconsplus task bar  disappeared last week. eb4a304e-02a2-4bcb-94a8-071e66c59569.png

pn-Fritz, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Desk top and iconsplus task bar disappeared last week. - Similar Threads - Desk top iconsplus

2. Task bar on top ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar on top ?: I have used rigit to put task bar on top , it was working fine .and when system got updates 45 days ago the task bar again came to bottom . Now i tried again rigit but its not happening Can any one please healp me in this to put taskbar on top because i like to use take bar...
  3. Task bar on top ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar on top ?: I have used rigit to put task bar on top , it was working fine .and when system got updates 45 days ago the task bar again came to bottom . Now i tried again rigit but its not happening Can any one please healp me in this to put taskbar on top because i like to use take bar...
  4. desk top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desk top: My old desk top with the icon and info is disapperaed ps help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/c2f6e620-5b0b-4993-a40c-b9aea2f71dda
  5. desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    desk top: my desk top display changed from the display where the desktop showed google chrome, trash, Kindle etc.. They are now in the taskbar. How do I change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/0d4d4504-e4f6-468d-bebb-da280d3e690a
  6. desk top tool bars

desk top tool bars: the top bar on my desk top now has a black background with white lettering. Previously it was white light colored with dark print. How do I return that setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-tool-bars/5dfb55df-9edf-4621-b30e-bc1843f795dc
  7. Desk Top Icons Disappear at regular intervals

Desk Top Icons Disappear at regular intervals: Why do my desk top icons keep changing to generic 'e' symbol rather than the correct symbol representing that web site selected. ie: Pay Pal 'PP' changes to 'e'. The icon disappearance occurs at regular intervals 13/02/20; 24/02/20; 16/03/20 and today 12/04/20. Can you help....
  8. desk top

desk top: while trying to copy pictures to put on a flash drive i have somehow put them on my desktop, how do i remove them and not delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/1281a9bf-36ba-4ad2-8803-513bf653ef54
  9. Desk top

Desk top: my desk top has disappeared. All the icons have disappeared. I can log onto the computer into my area of use, but once in nothing comes up. When you click on the home button - it does nit bring up any thing just a whirling ball? Is this my computer going faulty or...
  10. Desk Top

Desk Top: HI, I'm hoping someone can help me? All my program file icons on the desktop and in the start menu have gone. The programs them self's are still on the pc and working fine as I had pinned some to the task bar and these are still there and the programs open with no issues...