Windows 10: Desktop a strange pink colour

Discus and support Desktop a strange pink colour in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Desktop has changed to a strange pink colour. What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Topsy147, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Topsy147 Win User

Desktop a strange pink colour

My Desktop has changed to a strange pink colour. What do I do?

:)

Topsy147, Apr 6, 2019
  2. 83n38 Win User

Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text

It looks like the RGB value that my computer has set should be similar to R: 253, G: 0, B: 249.
    In the "Colors" directory of regedit there's no value that looks as if it has been set to the hot pink colour. Interestingly the hot pink highlight also shows up for some text in regedit:

Desktop a strange pink colour [​IMG]

Note: the pink highlight doesn't occur when I actually highlight things. It doesn't disapear when I highlight things either. It just shows up by default on certain bits of text, most commonly settings tabs (File, Edit, Tools, View, etc.) in most programs and hover/tooltip text on things - e.g. Hovering over a text document on my desktop will tell me the Type, Size, and Date modified but all this information has this strange pink highlight.

Because of this I'm not sure which value to change as Hilight seems to be set to the default blue, could you suggest a directory where I might find the correct value to change?

Thanks Desktop a strange pink colour :)

83n38, Apr 6, 2019
  3. apps on my pc run with pink colour

apps on my pc run with pink colour

Chander prakashjakhar, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Desktop a strange pink colour

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Desktop a strange pink colour

1. Desktop a strange pink colour - Similar Threads - Desktop strange pink

2. How to reset background colours or themes - Turned Pink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset background colours or themes - Turned Pink: Hi,The background in Windows 11 has changed to pink, how can I reset this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-background-colours-or-themes-turned/fee7678e-f324-40f1-a517-38354598de17
  3. Pink Colour Everywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pink Colour Everywhere: Since having windows 11 everything seems to have pink in it. For example, the left hand column of Outlook the email accounts and the bar at the top where File, Home, Send/Receive etc reside. Similar appearances in other Office 2021 apps.Why is this and can this be changed as...
  4. Pink Colour Everywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pink Colour Everywhere: Since having windows 11 everything seems to have pink in it. For example, the left hand column of Outlook the email accounts and the bar at the top where File, Home, Send/Receive etc reside. Similar appearances in other Office 2021 apps.Why is this and can this be changed as...
  5. Desktop turns pink/purple

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop turns pink/purple: Desktop turns pink/purple when I highlight it or if I refresh my desktop it all turns purple/pink. I think the problem might be that I'm using two monitors and somethings wrong with how I set it up because this only started happening after I got the second monitor. Any...
  6. my laptop display is double and pink colour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop display is double and pink colour: double screen and pink colour show https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-display-is-double-and-pink-colour/09739b68-bd32-4102-b57b-7149f7f9ed36
  7. pink desktop wallpaper

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pink desktop wallpaper: For about 5 weeks my desktop wallpaper becomes pink when I select or hover on anything on my desktop. It is sometimes really annoying because I like my wallpaper. Can you help me? If you need to know, I have all my drivers updated....
  8. windows 10 displayed colours pink please need solution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 displayed colours pink please need solution: iam using windows 10 hp product since 15 days not working well this displayrd colour is pink https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-displayed-colours-pink-please-need/8556c207-26e4-4206-8c00-d24b4b02acfd
  9. Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text: For some reason tooltip/hover text and some other text (often for settings) is highlighted pink. This is shown in the screenshot. I believe in previous versions of windows you could change this in "advanced apperance options" however that was removed in windows 8 and 10 (I...
  10. Strange rainbow colours on my files

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange rainbow colours on my files: Hi everyone, I have this really strange issue that I just can't get fixed for some time now. Whenever I open a movie file shot with my camera, dancing rainbow colours start appearing while it plays. Sort of a spotlight that's covering the video??? Like some kind of special...