Windows 10: Desktop/ Account gone

Discus and support Desktop/ Account gone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer suddenly will not load anything on my account for my desktop - I had a million important things and I don't know what happened to it all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jdiko44, Oct 2, 2019.

1. jdiko44 Win User

Desktop/ Account gone

My computer suddenly will not load anything on my account for my desktop - I had a million important things and I don't know what happened to it all. Things like games I've downloaded, everything. My computer just suddenly wont load my desktop and loads a generic one with nothing on my account. How can I retrieve all my stuff?!

:)

jdiko44, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Desktop/ Account gone

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Desktop/ Account gone :(

Zakin, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Desktop/ Account gone

1. Desktop/ Account gone - Similar Threads - Desktop Account gone

2. Desktop items gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop items gone: Hello this weird issue got me stuck thinking if there is a specific setting I've never heared about:My grandmother's Win10 desktop is completely gone. There is no background and not a single item visible. None of the desktop settings lead to any changes. It just stays...
  3. Desktop items gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop items gone: Hello this weird issue got me stuck thinking if there is a specific setting I've never heared about:My grandmother's Win10 desktop is completely gone. There is no background and not a single item visible. None of the desktop settings lead to any changes. It just stays...
  4. Desktop items gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Desktop Gone - Window Minimizer Option Gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Gone - Window Minimizer Option Gone: I started up my laptop as I usually do and my desktop is gone! Just blank with some apps on it. I intermittently see the desktop background I used to have but it disappears in a split second to the one I am seeing now. I've right clicked the taskbar to select show desktop...
  6. Desktop files are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop files are gone: Ok, so I really need help with this one, massively. My computer updated to the newer version of Windows 10 without me asking. I noticed all my folders were gone from the desktop. I managed to find them in my desktop folder, which had my old desktop items but not my new ones,...
  7. My desktop is gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop is gone.: I cannot get my desktop to pull up on my computer. I can change my password, but I have a like new desk top, not my files. System mechanic is running a defrag right now, so I know my programs are there., Please help....
  8. Desktop is gone

Desktop is gone: I am highly upset after just updating windows 10. My desktop is completely gone and I am unable to minimize anything I open to work on later. I am at the point of wanting to break my computer. I am so frustrated being a college student is not easy when I cannot do these...
  9. Desktop appears and then is gone

Desktop appears and then is gone: I have a problem with my laptop. Suddenly my desktop won't appear. When I sign on it shows up and then another screen takes it's place. On the left there are a few icons for pinned tiles, all apps, then farther down is change account settings, pictures, settings, and power....
  10. Desktop file 'gone'

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop file 'gone': After the latest updates (2 days ago) I got the message that backing up & synchronizing in Edge is no longer possible because the map Desktop cannot be traced, and would I be so kind to "Search or Stop synchronizing." A Search only results in "Desktop - This map is empty"....