Windows 10: Desktop after reboot

Discus and support Desktop after reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep several apps open on my desktop. Also have them in the Startup folder so they will run each time windows starts. Whenever win-10 restarts they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by render, Mar 31, 2016.

1. render Win User

Desktop after reboot

I keep several apps open on my desktop. Also have them in the Startup folder so they will run each time windows starts.
    Whenever win-10 restarts they do run but are scattered all over the desktop and are different size than before the reboot.

In both XP and win-7 they were restored at the same size and location as before rebooting.

Is there any way to have win-10 do the same thing?

:)

render, Mar 31, 2016
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Desktop icon suddenly disappear after reboot

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Let us try to run System File Checker (SFC Scan) as this could be an issue with corrupt system files.

System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files

Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • In Command prompt, type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Also see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Also applies to Windows 10.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance

Yaqub K, Mar 31, 2016
  3. FanLi Hui Win User
    Desktop icon suddenly disappear after reboot

I use windows 10 64 bit home single language, all of a sudden my desktop icons began to disappear after every reboot even though I have "Show Desktop Icons" checked in the desktop properties menu. When I reboot the icons show
    for just a moment then disappear, I open desktop properties and uncheck show desktop icons and then recheck the box and they show up again until the next shutdown or reboot.

FanLi Hui, Mar 31, 2016
Thema:

Desktop after reboot

1. Desktop after reboot - Similar Threads - Desktop reboot

2. Desktop placement of open windows returns to default on reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop placement of open windows returns to default on reboot: Please note, this has nothing to do with resolution settings. I like to set my display up with my browser window open at the right of the screen and, using the arrows, pulled down to the top of the task bar, and File Explorer and other programs often shown on the right. Since...
  3. Windows 10 doesn't show text on desktop or on apps after rebooting the machine.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 doesn't show text on desktop or on apps after rebooting the machine.: Hi there I've been having a problem for the last few months with my windows 10 laptop. Basically whenever I reboot the machine it takes about an hour to allow me to enter my password to access my desktop, and then once I've been able to access my desktop it takes around the...
  4. Desktop stuck on Lenovo screen and then when I rebooted I have a black screen

Desktop stuck on Lenovo screen and then when I rebooted I have a black screen: I started having issues a few days ago with my Lenovo desktop that I believe started after a windows 10 update (computer originally came with Windows 7 a few years ago). The label on my tower just says Machine Type: 10117. At first my computer would freeze while I was online....
  5. my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have: my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-computer-is-asking-for-a-reboot-device/5921e6b0-baf1-420a-9538-2415795c0ee1
  6. How can I stop desktop icons from rearranging themselves after rebooting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop desktop icons from rearranging themselves after rebooting?: It occurs after the computer is shut down and rebooted, but not after I merely restart the computer. I have already made sure that the “auto arrange icons” is unchecked, and the “IconCache” has been deleted. Because of visual problems I have to keep the “change the size...
  7. Desktop Reboot Problem.

Desktop Reboot Problem.: Hello, I'm Test Engineer and I'm having a problem with one of our production equipments. I hope you could guide me in order to solve this issue as soon as possible since it is impacting our production. Our production equipment occasionnally reboots showing a blue screen...
  8. Desktop PC reboots at random intervals

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop PC reboots at random intervals: I am not thinking this is win 10 pro but a hardware problem. Below is a pic of events: 97082
  9. Desktop not accessible/available. Then on reboot all icons gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop not accessible/available. Then on reboot all icons gone: No idea what happened here or even if this is fixable. All of a sudden I got an error message that desktop not accessible despite it being available ten minutes before. I rolled back to prior version of windows-that didn't fix it. I rebooted again. I can put stuff...
  10. restoring desktop on reboot for child user

in Windows 10 Support
    restoring desktop on reboot for child user: I am setting up a new windows 10 pc for a handicapped adult who is essentially like a child. Once set up is finished, there will no longer be internet access to worry about. I have installed games and apps for her with desktop shortcuts she can use to start her games....