Windows 10: Desktop after reboot

Discus and support Desktop after reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep several apps open on my desktop. Also have them in the Startup folder so they will run each time windows starts. Whenever win-10 restarts they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by render, Mar 31, 2016.

1. render Win User

Desktop after reboot

I keep several apps open on my desktop. Also have them in the Startup folder so they will run each time windows starts.
    Whenever win-10 restarts they do run but are scattered all over the desktop and are different size than before the reboot.

In both XP and win-7 they were restored at the same size and location as before rebooting.

Is there any way to have win-10 do the same thing?

:)

render, Mar 31, 2016
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Desktop icon suddenly disappear after reboot

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Let us try to run System File Checker (SFC Scan) as this could be an issue with corrupt system files.

System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files

Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • In Command prompt, type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Also see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Also applies to Windows 10.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance

Yaqub K, Mar 31, 2016
  3. FanLi Hui Win User
    Desktop icon suddenly disappear after reboot

I use windows 10 64 bit home single language, all of a sudden my desktop icons began to disappear after every reboot even though I have "Show Desktop Icons" checked in the desktop properties menu. When I reboot the icons show
    for just a moment then disappear, I open desktop properties and uncheck show desktop icons and then recheck the box and they show up again until the next shutdown or reboot.

FanLi Hui, Mar 31, 2016
Thema:

Desktop after reboot

1. Desktop after reboot - Similar Threads - Desktop reboot

2. how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop: my pc became black screen after reboot. i manage to sign in account then its black already. monitor is working fine. only after the login accout its black screen already....
  3. how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop: my pc became black screen after reboot. i manage to sign in account then its black already. monitor is working fine. only after the login accout its black screen already....
  4. how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my Desktop constantly Rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Desktop constantly Rebooting: My Pc desktop Has been restarting at random for about a month and I've had it for about 2 years without any problems. It doesn't happen when I'm playing games, only when I'm using small applications like Spotify, chrome and other launchers. My screen goes black for a few...
  6. Why is my Desktop constantly Rebooting

Why is my Desktop constantly Rebooting: My Pc desktop Has been restarting at random for about a month and I've had it for about 2 years without any problems. It doesn't happen when I'm playing games, only when I'm using small applications like Spotify, chrome and other launchers. My screen goes black for a few...
  7. Why is my Desktop constantly Rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Window 10 black screen issue - After reboot or sign out the system shows desktop clearly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window 10 black screen issue - After reboot or sign out the system shows desktop clearly: Dear Team,please see the below black screens issue in red, as I am getting this issue once a month, we can minimize and maximize by clicking in the red area to open the desktop. if I sign out and log in then this black screen goes. This user doesnot shutdownn the system after...
  9. Window 10 black screen issue - After reboot or sign out the system shows desktop clearly

Window 10 black screen issue - After reboot or sign out the system shows desktop clearly: Dear Team,please see the below black screens issue in red, as I am getting this issue once a month, we can minimize and maximize by clicking in the red area to open the desktop. if I sign out and log in then this black screen goes. This user doesnot shutdownn the system after...
  10. Window 10 black screen issue - After reboot or sign out the system shows desktop clearly

in Windows 10 Gaming