Windows 10: desktop and cursor freezing now and again.

Discus and support desktop and cursor freezing now and again. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Am in my 80's so not quite so fast. Recently out of the blue the cursor and screen will freeze (Desktop Windows 10) and then on my restarting work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dcarr2, Nov 30, 2018.

1. dcarr2 Win User

desktop and cursor freezing now and again.

Am in my 80's so not quite so fast.

Recently out of the blue the cursor and screen will freeze (Desktop Windows 10) and then on my restarting work again. Then if left for a short while unattended, we be frozen again. This last time after pressing one or two keys randomly the screen went black and restarted on it's own and the desktop normal screen appeared but the cursor frozen. I have checked battery for the mouse and tried another mouse,

What might precipitate this problem, please and what is the likely answer. Have looked yhrough Troubleshooter, could it be an after update problem?

:)

dcarr2, Nov 30, 2018

2. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Nov 30, 2018
  4. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. desktop and cursor freezing now and again. - Similar Threads - desktop cursor freezing

2. computer constantly freezes, now black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer constantly freezes, now black screen with cursor: Yes I have forcibly shut it down. Yes I unplugged the entire computer. I only get the loading screen before the actual account loads, and now it’s a black screen with a cursor. I’ve been at this for four hours. I even unplugged it for a full hour before trying again. Like at...
  3. computer constantly freezes, now black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer constantly freezes, now black screen with cursor: Yes I have forcibly shut it down. Yes I unplugged the entire computer. I only get the loading screen before the actual account loads, and now it’s a black screen with a cursor. I’ve been at this for four hours. I even unplugged it for a full hour before trying again. Like at...
  4. computer constantly freezes, now black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. cursor freezes

cursor freezes: From time to time my cursor freezes after a long unused period - why and what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-freezes/ea12822e-36ff-4fab-a3b1-ff4c12a21d3f
  6. Cursor is freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor is freezing: I seem to have the cursor stick/freeze quite a lot. I googled for info and was told to go to the Control Panel and so on. I can't find the control panel! Can some one tell where it is? I have Windows 10 on a new Dell laptop. Sorry but I had to guess filling in where this...
  7. Cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor freezing: I have windows 10. I have been experiencing my cursor freezing. I have to push the Window key and tab down to restart and I get it back. But it freezes up again , but takes usually about 20 minutes of using my computer. I have gone to "Device Manager" checked for updates on...
  8. Cursor Freeze

Cursor Freeze: Windows 10, Dell laptop, has touch pad, use optical, corded mouse instead. About 2 weeks ago, my cursor began freezing. For example, if I run my cursor across the page, left to right, up to down, or diagonal, the direction doesn't seem to make a difference, while making that...
  9. Cursor Freezes

Cursor Freezes: Often when working in Office 365 with maybe 1 tab open in Chrome, my cursor freezes for no discernible reason. No wait will fix it. I have to turn it off & reboot. I usually work in OneNote because Word is almost a sure bet to lock me up. Can you help please?...
  10. Cursor freeze

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cursor freeze: EVERY TIME (which is almost every five minutes) your Virus/threat and Firewall/network programs run and when it does my computer freezes and the cursor disappears. It is extremely frustrating. It started several weeks ago and this did not happen before. PLEASE fix this...