Windows 10: Desktop And Document User Files Merged

Discus and support Desktop And Document User Files Merged in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I don't know if this subreddit is used for Windows 10 support but I am new to Windows and I accidentally merged my Desktop and Documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Maleficent-Oil, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Desktop And Document User Files Merged

Desktop And Document User Files Merged lz_0XPl7tFErnCV1KDFPJTPIV6lCF_nJ7uC78I8l-vg.jpg

I don't know if this subreddit is used for Windows 10 support but I am new to Windows and I accidentally merged my Desktop and Documents folders. I have looked online for hours and I tried fixing it through regedit and I still can't figure it out. Please help me, I am borderline crying because I have spent so long trying to fix this problem. Here is a picture to better understand what I am saying.

https://preview.redd.it/cmx25ly7l5u...bp&s=d708e5f66a3a85da6fad82636b231706c190b94f

submitted by /u/Maleficent-Oil
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Maleficent-Oil, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Merge Document Folders

Bob,

To remove any need for cross-referencing to that other thread I gave you a link to, here are the paras I was suggesting that you consider.

1 You can create a folder structure of your own on the HDD and just start using it. No grand schemes are required. No OS alterations are required.
    - It is common to have the following folders but they can be named & arranged however you want: Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures.
    - You will probably also want to create a Desktop folder [see #4 below].
    - You can also divide Documents into subfolders for your main lines of effort and each of these can be further subdivided.
    - Just by way of example & nothing more, my own Documents folder is divided into: Business, Personal, Common, Suppliers, InfoSys

2 You can augment that by opening each one of your applications and saving a test file to your Documents folder then opening a test file from that folder. Doing this makes most applications look there first in the future and that saves messing about browsing around the folders.

3 You can augment that by checking the Options / Preferences within each of you applications to see if a default folder can be nominated there as well.

4 You can augment that by 'relocating' the Desktop user folder [that has been created by Windows] to your HDD.
    - This is by default in C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Desktop but the system can be told to use the folder you have created on your HDD instead.
    - The TenForumsTutorial listed above can walk you through the whole procedure.

5 You can augment that by 'relocating' other user folders [that have been created by Windows] such as the Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures to your HDD.
    - These are by default in C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents etc but the system can be told to use the folders you have created on your HDD instead.
    - The TenForumsTutorials listed above can walk you through the whole procedure for each one.
    - Not everybody bothers with this step and some think that it conveys no benefit. I have done each of them.

Denis

3. Try3 Win User
    Merge Document Folders

Perhaps they 'relocated' the user folders to the E:\ drive so that the main drive would then be clear for reinstalling the OS.

I'll be ready for your questions about the additional steps in post #11 and your backup planning.

Denis

4. David_979 Win User

Desktop And Document User Files Merged

May have merged user and desktop

I was moving my desktop, documents, music, etc. folders to another drive to free up space on my C drive. I may have merged these folders with the users folder at some point. At first every file when into the desktop. Also desktop, documents, music, etc.
    now all have the same name "documents". Plus the original "desktop" content is not on the desktop anymore. There are now multiple desktop folders.

Desktop And Document User Files Merged a3c90d62-801e-4951-8dac-ac7fdb1d9afb?upload=true.png

David_979, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Desktop And Document User Files Merged

1. Desktop And Document User Files Merged - Similar Threads - Desktop Document User

2. I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder: I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-merged-desktop-folder-and-documents/9862aa67-ad5c-424f-8f09-e2bafd10fb7e
  3. I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder: I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-merged-desktop-folder-and-documents/9862aa67-ad5c-424f-8f09-e2bafd10fb7e
  4. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder: hello, I was moving my user folder from my SSD to my HDD, I first started with the desktop folder but decided to move it back, I ended up merging my user and desktop file.i Have tried to follow the answer to this question, but it didn't work:...
  5. Accidentally merged Documents and Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally merged Documents and Desktop: I accidentally merged the folders. Then downloaded a restore registry file and now i am locked out. Please help submitted by /u/authenticsaif123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4e8fn/accidentally_merged_documents_and_desktop/
  6. Merge Document Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Merge Document Folders: Runing Win 10 1909 I have the normal Documents folder in Local Disc C:\users/owner/documents. I also have created a Documents folder in another drive E. I want to move the content on E to the other Documents folder. What is the correct procedure so I don't lost any links to...
  7. May have merged user and desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    May have merged user and desktop: I was moving my desktop, documents, music, etc. folders to another drive to free up space on my C drive. I may have merged these folders with the users folder at some point. At first every file when into the desktop. Also desktop, documents, music, etc. now all have the same...
  8. Personal files and documents appearing on new user desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal files and documents appearing on new user desktop: Hi, I have not had much luck so far so I am hoping someone may be able to help. I currently have an issue with the desktop, random documents appear on users profiles, however they are not already existing users but new ones. When a new user is logging on to a computer,...
  9. Merged Documents file with User name file in C:/Users by accident and looking to fix them...

Merged Documents file with User name file in C:/Users by accident and looking to fix them...: Hello Today I merged my documents folder with my name folder by mistake, now I have my game saves and apps, programs, files together on the document file that is ment to be Lewis (my name file). The reason this happened was because I moved my documents (using the location...
  10. Accidentally merged User and Documents folders

Accidentally merged User and Documents folders: Hello, I was moving some files around on my hard drive and I accidentally merged my User folder with my Documents folder. So in my C:\User directory instead of seeing C:\Users\MyName I see C:\Users\Documents. Seen below: [ATTACH] I have looked through a few different...