Windows 10: Desktop and File Explorer Icons and text suddenly gone too small

Discus and support Desktop and File Explorer Icons and text suddenly gone too small in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently when I started my Dell Laptop I noticed that the desktop Icons were too small and text looked like little dots and the same thing in File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 1oldpop, Mar 4, 2020.

1. 1oldpop Win User

Desktop and File Explorer Icons and text suddenly gone too small

Recently when I started my Dell Laptop I noticed that the desktop Icons were too small and text looked like little dots and the same thing in File explorer. I tried right clicking and resizing icons but it isn't right. I even tried to reset to default. Nothing works. Lost and confused.

:)

1oldpop, Mar 4, 2020
  2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Mar 4, 2020
  3. 2 users on HP computer - the text size on 1 user has gone small

The text size has suddenly gone small, since yesterday, on one of the users' site, but the other is perfectly O.K.

I have tried correcting it through the 'display', but this hasn't solved it. Any suggestions welcomed!

146Redhead, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Desktop and File Explorer Icons and text suddenly gone too small

The texts and icons on the desktop are very small

The texts and icons on the desktop are very small

marisofiacartaly, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Desktop and File Explorer Icons and text suddenly gone too small

1. Desktop and File Explorer Icons and text suddenly gone too small - Similar Threads - Desktop File Explorer

2. Why are explorer extra large icons too small?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are explorer extra large icons too small?: This has happened to me in Windows 10 and now 11. When i select "Extra Large" Icons in windows explorer, the actual thumbnails shrink while the blank space around them grows. How do i fix this, i do a lot of photo editing and this is a massive strain on my eyes. Why can't you...
  3. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon images too small: The icons on my desktop have been normal for a week, but suddenly one of them has gone smaller.I am not using any third party software other than Wallpaper Engine. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance....
  4. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon images too small: The icons on my desktop have been normal for a week, but suddenly one of them has gone smaller.I am not using any third party software other than Wallpaper Engine. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance....
  5. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. File Explorer Search Window Too Small To See Text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search Window Too Small To See Text: I use the File Explorer search window frequently. Recently, I have noticed that the search box window is so small that when you start typing in the window, it is nearly impossible to see the text. The window is so small as to be nearly non-functional. I have had the same...
  7. Text too small or too HUGE

Text too small or too HUGE: I have tried to adjust my text size in the display settings but it is never right. It's always mixed up. Some text will be teeny tiny while other text will be extremely large. Was this caused from a Windows update or what? This is driving me crazy....
  8. NO text on desktop icons & small text on google

NO text on desktop icons & small text on google: hello community! i'v just logged n to my laptop and my desktop icons have no text, i cant type in cmd, taskbar options are blank. i'm quite upset because i don't know how to fix it because everything is blank and and i dont know what to to! please im urging sombody,...
  9. Icon & System Text size too small

Icon & System Text size too small: I am using Windows 10 on a machine at work. I no longer can change the text size of the icons and system fonts. When I use the Display option to increase by 125%, the fonts are basically unreadable and too large in ArcGIS and several other specialized programs we use. It also...
  10. Desktop and File Explorer icons gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and File Explorer icons gone: Hello! I have readed some other posts about people who had the same problem as me, but none of those solutions worked for me. Basically today I booted up my computer and all of my icons are randomly gone, in File Explorer and on the desktop. I cannot go to...