Windows 10: desktop and folders bug windows 10

Discus and support desktop and folders bug windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey guys, sometimes when i try to use the right click in the desktop or in a folder case the system breaks and it does a mini desktop reboot every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Franciscoffa97, May 18, 2020.

1. desktop and folders bug windows 10

hey guys,
    sometimes when i try to use the right click in the desktop or in a folder case the system breaks and it does a mini desktop reboot every time i try it
    i dont know if it is linked but when it happens my files like pictures appears with a default icon and not the picture itself

:)

Franciscoffa97, May 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 18, 2020
  3. ss2020 Win User
    Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, May 18, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

desktop and folders bug windows 10

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 18, 2020
Thema:

desktop and folders bug windows 10

1. desktop and folders bug windows 10 - Similar Threads - desktop folders bug

2. Desktop Folder Destination bugged after WU

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Folder Destination bugged after WU: Hi,So on 8/2/23 I installed the latest windows update as I was signing off. I loaded up the PC the day after and noticed that my desktop has zero icons there should be a dozen or so. So I thought explorer.exe was bugged, and rebooted it in task manager. After an extremely...
  3. Desktop Folder Destination bugged after WU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Folder Destination bugged after WU: Hi,So on 8/2/23 I installed the latest windows update as I was signing off. I loaded up the PC the day after and noticed that my desktop has zero icons there should be a dozen or so. So I thought explorer.exe was bugged, and rebooted it in task manager. After an extremely...
  4. Desktop Folder Destination bugged after WU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 screenshot folder bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 screenshot folder bug: 1. Hello few months ago i wanted to rename my screenshots because around 100 of them has weird names like: r1, r2 etc.After renaming many of them disappeared but not all, 500 screenshots remained all of them were old, by old i mean few months. I was searching how to recover...
  6. Windows 10 screenshot folder bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 screenshot folder bug: 1. Hello few months ago i wanted to rename my screenshots because around 100 of them has weird names like: r1, r2 etc.After renaming many of them disappeared but not all, 500 screenshots remained all of them were old, by old i mean few months. I was searching how to recover...
  7. Windows 10 screenshot folder bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. A desktop Bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A desktop Bug: I would like to through some light on a bug that I came across after my recent windows update. In this bug, whenever I start my Desktop sometimes my icons and sometimes my taskbar got stuck, I have to put to put it on sleep multiple times so as to overcome this problem. I...
  9. Windows 10 desktop bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 desktop bug: I have an empty space on my desktop, its almost like an invisible icon except nothings actually there. Whenever i sort by name there is no empty space but when i refresh it, an empty space appears in between icons, any help? submitted by /u/Skrimming [link] [comments]...
  10. Download/Desktop folders BUG

in Windows 10 Support
    Download/Desktop folders BUG: Basically at some point I set my Windows 10 desktop as the place I'd like downloads to go to. Probably from FIREFOX. This has worked on other PCs but a bug emerged on this one. The bug is that the desktop folder renames itself as DOWNLOADS. It retains the desktop icon but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win 10 desktop folder