Windows 10: Desktop and other folders shortcuts icons have "white paper" pasted on them not related to...

Discus and support Desktop and other folders shortcuts icons have "white paper" pasted on them not related to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Forgive me for being a newbie here... Not sure this is the right forum / category... I may or may not have deleted some folder and now all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GuyCarmon, Oct 4, 2020.

1. GuyCarmon Win User

Desktop and other folders shortcuts icons have "white paper" pasted on them not related to...

Hello,

Forgive me for being a newbie here...

Not sure this is the right forum / category...

I may or may not have deleted some folder and now all my Desktop icons have some sort of a blank paper on top of them pls see attached.

Start menu shortcuts are OK.

HELP pls

Sincerely,

Guy

Desktop and other folders shortcuts icons have "white paper" pasted on them not related to... 8fb08654-9c6c-4a62-afec-b7a8bafb008b?upload=true.jpg

:)

GuyCarmon, Oct 4, 2020
  2. tcebob Win User

White folder overlays on desktop folder shortcut icons

Desktop and other folders shortcuts icons have "white paper" pasted on them not related to... [​IMG]

It happened suddenly, today. I have 4 shortcuts on my desktop which I use to quickly save files to the various folders. I selected the Icons to make them look good and distinguish between them. After an upgrade they displayed white overlays which add nothing to their usefulness and look cruddy. I hope there's a way to get rid of them.

They do not show in File Explorer or Total Commander thumbnail view, only on the desktop. I think they work like the shortcut arrows. Maybe they replace the arrows.

I recently signed up as an Insider and currently using 161014. If there is a more appropriate forum please let me know.

Addendum: I just made a shortcut to a program rather than a subdirectory. It, too, has the white blob. So it is a replacement for the arrow.

tcebob, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Desktop and other folders shortcuts icons have "white paper" pasted on them not related to...

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Desktop and other folders shortcuts icons have "white paper" pasted on them not related to...

1. Desktop and other folders shortcuts icons have "white paper" pasted on them not related to... - Similar Threads - Desktop folders shortcuts

2. Desktop chrome shortcut icons turned into blank papers!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop chrome shortcut icons turned into blank papers!!!: My pc ran well since I bought it. All the desktop icons stood the same until I installed the torrent app. Along with it an external antivirus app has been installed as well. I didn't notice it until it appeared in the chrome extensions. The app was RAV endpoint protection....
  3. Desktop chrome shortcut icons turned into blank papers!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop chrome shortcut icons turned into blank papers!!!: My pc ran well since I bought it. All the desktop icons stood the same until I installed the torrent app. Along with it an external antivirus app has been installed as well. I didn't notice it until it appeared in the chrome extensions. The app was RAV endpoint protection....
  4. Folder Icon color, Desktop Icons have paper overlay

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Icon color, Desktop Icons have paper overlay: I Have been having two problems and they appear to be related. 1. My Desktop Icons have what looks like a piece of paper on them. Not all but most. Seems like Shortcuts for .exe files don't have the paper. 2. My Folders in File Manager have lost the yellow color that they...
  5. Desktop shortcuts have no icon?

in Browsers and Email
    Desktop shortcuts have no icon?: I downloaded a few games today and the problem is that it doesn't have an icon. Here's a picture: [ATTACH] And if I look for it at the bottom of the search bar, I won't find it. https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/desktop-verknuepfungen-haben-kein-icon
  6. White piece of paper on icons

in Windows 10 Support
    White piece of paper on icons: Well, this is new. Anyone know how to fix this that I'm sure was caused by me. LOL! [img] - - - Updated - - - Nevermind. Fixed it!! 157879
  7. Desktop shortcut icons become white squares

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icons become white squares: I have a 17 month old Acer TC-780 computer running Win-10 home edition, 16-GB RAM and a HP 1920x1080 monitor. I have a lot of short cuts to files and programs on my desktop. Every couple days the short-cuts become white squares rather than the icons that they are suppose to...
  8. White paper icons and empty folders!?

in Windows 10 Support
    White paper icons and empty folders!?: Hello, I have windows 10 home operating system on my laptop I have a problem with my file folder. when I first open it it shows that it works fine. [img] However I've notice that on the left I see the OS and D drive as white icons. When i access any folders and then...
  9. White folder overlays on desktop folder shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Support
    White folder overlays on desktop folder shortcut icons: [img] It happened suddenly, today. I have 4 shortcuts on my desktop which I use to quickly save files to the various folders. I selected the Icons to make them look good and distinguish between them. After an upgrade they displayed white overlays which add nothing to their...
  10. White paper icons in start menu apps

in Windows 10 Support
    White paper icons in start menu apps: In my windows 10 start menu all my installed programs give a white paper (with curled right corner) icon. There are a few that give the original icon but most of them do not. I tried a new clean install but that didn't help. I also tried: -SFC scannow gedaan met deze...