Windows 10: Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

Discus and support Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrew_NK_1, May 26, 2023.

1. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I restart... but this isn't an issue since I store most of my documents on my USB... and contents of drives e.g.: program files aren't really effected.I've tried using safe mode, but it didn't help so I went back to using normal startup... I've scanned my Laptop and it doesn't seem to be a bug or a virus.This is the image

:)

Andrew_NK_1, May 26, 2023

2. Touchpad settings revert to default on every restart.

Hello Albert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

This issue might be due to faulty or corrupted drivers. I suggest you to follow the suggestion given by Preeti Patel and check if it helps:

Redirecting

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 26, 2023
  3. Tesston Win User
    Windows Theme always reverts to default

Hello guys I am encountering the same problem. What you have suggested is working but every time I restart or turn on my computer, it reverted the theme to "unsaved theme."

Tesston, May 26, 2023
  4. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

Laptop is reverting to default setting after restarting the system post windows update of 1903 version

I got windows 1903 update. The update requires a system restart. I have restarted the system after installing the update. My data in Documents folder has been deleted, all installed software's are not available, my desktop and display settings were reverted
    to default view. On a whole, restarting the system post an update installation is reverting my laptop to default.

NagarjunaReddy729, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

1. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting - Similar Threads - Desktop settings reverting

2. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting: Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I...
  3. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting: Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I...
  4. Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart: So, new computer, freshish install of Win 11. In Control panel, change mouse pointer to different size, Apply, save, etc. Works fine. Shut down or restart and cursor is reverted to default. Interestingly, when going back into mouse settings after restart, the desired cursor...
  5. Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart: So, new computer, freshish install of Win 11. In Control panel, change mouse pointer to different size, Apply, save, etc. Works fine. Shut down or restart and cursor is reverted to default. Interestingly, when going back into mouse settings after restart, the desired cursor...
  6. Monitor settings constantly reverting to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor settings constantly reverting to default: Hi there. First-time poster. I just got a new laptop for work Dell Precision 5560 that is connected to two monitors Dell P2419H via two display port cables to a Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD19TBS. NVIDIA T1200.Under the display settings, I am able to add both screens to my set-up...
  7. Laptop is reverting to default setting after restarting the system post windows update of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop is reverting to default setting after restarting the system post windows update of...: I got windows 1903 update. The update requires a system restart. I have restarted the system after installing the update. My data in Documents folder has been deleted, all installed software's are not available, my desktop and display settings were reverted to default view....
  8. Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.: Following clean install I set the 'Icons' text to size 11 and bold. This was fine all day yesterday and through a few shutdowns and restarts. Today and those settings have reverted to default, but not only that, the options to change them back again are greyed out as can be...
  9. Should settings revert to default after a Windows Update....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should settings revert to default after a Windows Update....: ... and if so, is there any way to prevent this happening ? I have 7 "control" computers & photo kiosks, plus 4 workstations all open networked together (password protected sharing is turned off) with network drives and shared folders all over the place. The "control"...
  10. sound settings revert to defaults

in Windows 10 Support
    sound settings revert to defaults: I've set the audio settings and saved them SEVERAL times. I know how to do it correctly. Windows 10 will not save my settings. They revert to the defaults. When I select any of my saved schemes, every sound is the default. AARRGGHH!! *Mad 29207