Windows 10: Desktop and sidebar gone green screen Please help!

Discus and support Desktop and sidebar gone green screen Please help! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was going through my Task Manager Processes and went into memory processes closing programs to free up space and suspended "Explorer.exe" now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gizmooooo, Oct 4, 2020.

1. gizmooooo Win User

Desktop and sidebar gone green screen Please help!

I was going through my Task Manager Processes and went into memory processes closing programs to free up space and suspended "Explorer.exe" now my desktop is completely green, no sidebar, no program icons, normal and right-clicking do nothing, and Ctrl + Alt + Esc and won't open Task Manger, how do I get my desktop back and running?

:)

gizmooooo, Oct 4, 2020

2. Green & Pink screen

Hi Darius,

To assist you with you concern, we suggest that you refer to the post of Swetha Sree on the thread link below:

Let us know if you need further help.

Best regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Oct 4, 2020
  3. cant get rid of windows sidebar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The sidebar is the inbuilt feature of Windows 10 and it cannot be removed, however please use the feedback app to provide us your valuable suggestion.

Steps to go to feedback app:

• Go to search tab
    • Type Windows feedback
    • Click the App
    Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Desktop and sidebar gone green screen Please help!

Green screen

Hi Nancy,

The issue you are experiencing may be due to a corrupted software or a hardware failure on the computer. However, we need to perform some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this concern. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• What were you doing when you encountered the green screen?
    • Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you also getting any error messages when experiencing the green screen? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Desiree Yau, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Desktop and sidebar gone green screen Please help!

1. Desktop and sidebar gone green screen Please help! - Similar Threads - Desktop sidebar gone

2. Please need help multiples green screens of death windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please need help multiples green screens of death windows 11: Por favor indicar como solucionar estos errores https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-need-help-multiples-green-screens-of-death/d7360b26-a72f-433c-a418-2c2dc88faa8b
  3. 0xC000021A gsod GREEN SCREEN OF DEATH please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xC000021A gsod GREEN SCREEN OF DEATH please help: i installed a update for something called windows insider, an it it keeps loading me over and over with THAT. P.S. NO SAFE MODE DOESN'T WORK. I love this computer. Please help me fix it, and if there is a way, without a flash drive please....
  4. 0xC000021A gsod GREEN SCREEN OF DEATH please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xC000021A gsod GREEN SCREEN OF DEATH please help: i installed a update for something called windows insider, an it it keeps loading me over and over with THAT. P.S. NO SAFE MODE DOESN'T WORK. I love this computer. Please help me fix it, and if there is a way, without a flash drive please....
  5. 0xC000021A gsod GREEN SCREEN OF DEATH please help

6. Desktop Sidebar

Desktop Sidebar: I'm running W10 Pro V1909 (Build 18363.418) at the moment but plan to update to V20H2 (Build 19042) in a few days. Silly question. Since Microsoft doesn't support & has removed Desktop Gadgets from Windows, why are there still file references to the app? [img] 172114
  7. Nvidia is gone please help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nvidia is gone please help?: I reset my computer and when it all loaded back up NVIDIA was gone I went to device manager and it wasn't there can anyone help? Spec's are. Dell Vostro 5560 Intel core i5 Nvidia geforce gt 740m And when I did try and install the driver from Nvidia it said this...
  8. Desktop and sidebar gone green screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and sidebar gone green screen: I was going through my Task Manager Processes and went into memory processes closing programs to free up space and suspended "Explorer.exe" now my desktop is completely green, no sidebar, no program icons, normal and right-clicking do nothing, and Ctrl + Alt + Esc and won't...
  9. Sound is gone, please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound is gone, please help!: I don't hear any sound from my windows 10 laptop. I have checked everything, the sound is on, realtek(r) audio. But when I go to device manager and then properties for realtek R audio, it says everything works properly. But when I go to events, it says device not migrated....
  10. please help...... apps gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    please help...... apps gone: Good Morning, PLEASE can someone help.... I had a problem with my P Bell computer the other day (Windows 10). It froze completely although the Windows PHOTO was shown. Nothing I could do would change it. So, after I chose 'refresh back to an earlier time' it then came up...