Windows 10: Desktop and sidebar gone green screen

Discus and support Desktop and sidebar gone green screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was going through my Task Manager Processes and went into memory processes closing programs to free up space and suspended "Explorer.exe" now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gizmooooo, Oct 4, 2020.

1. gizmooooo Win User

Desktop and sidebar gone green screen

I was going through my Task Manager Processes and went into memory processes closing programs to free up space and suspended "Explorer.exe" now my desktop is completely green, no sidebar, no program icons, normal and right-clicking do nothing, and Ctrl + Alt + Esc and won't open Task Manger, how do I get my desktop back and running?

:)

gizmooooo, Oct 4, 2020

2. Green screen

Hi Nancy,

The issue you are experiencing may be due to a corrupted software or a hardware failure on the computer. However, we need to perform some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this concern. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• What were you doing when you encountered the green screen?
    • Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you also getting any error messages when experiencing the green screen? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Desiree Yau, Oct 4, 2020
  3. green screens

Since I upgraded to windows 10. I'm getting green screens on IE, Firefox, Microsoft edge videos and on some movie apps. But not on Google Chrome.I have tried all the community step by step suggestive, instructions. But the problem is still there. I understood
    that Microsoft is having some issues with windows 10. Is that a fact? .

anthonypopwell, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Desktop and sidebar gone green screen

Green & Pink screen

Hi Darius,

To assist you with you concern, we suggest that you refer to the post of Swetha Sree on the thread link below:

Let us know if you need further help.

Best regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Desktop and sidebar gone green screen

1. Desktop and sidebar gone green screen - Similar Threads - Desktop sidebar gone

2. Green share icons on the left sidebar of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Green share icons on the left sidebar of Windows Explorer: On the left hand side of the Windows Explorer, I can see green share icons next to the each folder. This looks annoying and this issue started randomly.Unfortunately I cannot attach a picture here, any help how can I get sorted out?See the link attached for more...
  3. Green share icons on the left sidebar of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green share icons on the left sidebar of Windows Explorer: On the left hand side of the Windows Explorer, I can see green share icons next to the each folder. This looks annoying and this issue started randomly.Unfortunately I cannot attach a picture here, any help how can I get sorted out?See the link attached for more...
  4. Green screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green screen: Hi i tried activating the core isolation and after I restart i Get a green screen with the error: System THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.What failed:hswultpep.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-screen/36853e64-ca5a-44ed-82ad-e1def40bda3f
  5. Green screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green screen: My computer randomly crashes to a green screen. It will restart without issue. I am running Windows 10. Any idea how I can track down the cause? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-screen/7f47fec5-556a-4b38-be8e-e4416bf2c57b
  6. Green screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green screen: My computer randomly crashes to a green screen. It will restart without issue. I am running Windows 10. Any idea how I can track down the cause? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-screen/7f47fec5-556a-4b38-be8e-e4416bf2c57b
  7. Desktop Sidebar

Desktop Sidebar: I'm running W10 Pro V1909 (Build 18363.418) at the moment but plan to update to V20H2 (Build 19042) in a few days. Silly question. Since Microsoft doesn't support & has removed Desktop Gadgets from Windows, why are there still file references to the app? [img] 172114
  8. Desktop and sidebar gone green screen Please help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and sidebar gone green screen Please help!: I was going through my Task Manager Processes and went into memory processes closing programs to free up space and suspended "Explorer.exe" now my desktop is completely green, no sidebar, no program icons, normal and right-clicking do nothing, and Ctrl + Alt + Esc and won't...
  9. Green screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green screen: So i was playing games on my computer and then it was frozen, i couldnt open anything, soon after, it turned green, all green, i couldnt do anything, cna anyone help?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-screen/dc60bc4e-d82d-4182-87a0-b6b4dc118c18
  10. Live camera gone green

Live camera gone green: when i open the camera app it's all normal and then abpout 1-3 seocnds later the live camera has a green filter on it. Although when I take a picture it's comes out normal. Tried all the settings and reinstalling drivers what can I do now....