Windows 10: Desktop and Start Up Problems

Discus and support Desktop and Start Up Problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop's battery needs to be replace so I have to have my AC power cord plugged in. When I turned on my laptop I forgot to plug it in and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BabyBinky33, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Desktop and Start Up Problems

My laptop's battery needs to be replace so I have to have my AC power cord plugged in. When I turned on my laptop I forgot to plug it in and after signing in and letting things load for a little bit my laptop died. So I plugged in the AC power cord and turned on my laptop and ended up getting a blue screen with a sad face and some sort of percentage % indicating something was loading. So I let that load and I was brought to the sign in screen and put in my password and logged in. Once my desktop loaded everything is different. The theme and colors and all that stuff and the things that are suppose to load once I start up aren't loading. I checked my files and cannot seem to access my pictures and music and videos and other things. Something like this happened once before but things went back to normal once I restarted my laptop. What happened and how can I access my files and get my desktop back to the way it was before this happened?

:)

BabyBinky33, Mar 20, 2020

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 20, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Desktop and Start Up Problems

Desktop is default on start-up and app closing

Hi Ed,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Please be informed that it is as per the Windows 10 Operating system
    design.

If you wish to access the Start screen similar to Windows 8.1, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open the settings menu.

• Click on Personalization.

• Select Start from the left navigation pane.

• Turn on the Use start full screen.
    After performing above steps, if you click on the Windows button at the top left corner on the desktop screen, you may access the Start screen similar to Windows 8/8.1 Operating system.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu, type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Desktop and Start Up Problems

1. Desktop and Start Up Problems - Similar Threads - Desktop Start Problems

2. Start up problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start up problems: Sometimes when I Start my pc up. I have to login into everything again for example discord and configurate everything inside those applications. For example I have to connect all my gamingplatforms in razer cortex again....
  3. Start up problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up problems: Sometimes when I Start my pc up. I have to login into everything again for example discord and configurate everything inside those applications. For example I have to connect all my gamingplatforms in razer cortex again....
  4. Start up Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up Problems: I am stuck on the startup problems And I was wondering if I use a usb flash drive to reboot Will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-problems/015a8634-7a33-4456-94c0-31f69a1fe551
  5. Start up problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start up problem: Hi,Recently I build a new pc it is about 4-5 months old. I have encountered an issue when booting. I was just surfing internet with my photoshop opened and my antivirus was updating i got a blue screen telling your pc ran into a problem and then this happens. The issue is in...
  6. start up problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up problems: I have white boxes with red tops popping up during start up. They last a while and I can't do anything until they stop. What are they and how do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-problems/03de9fbe-c964-4760-b7d8-b60768f2b69f
  7. start up problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up problem: when I start my pc, I get a blue graphics box gets big or small however I move my cursor. when I click this away, I get a white task box. when I click this away, and try to use my computer open a browser, example, pc wont respond until I control+alt+delete sign out. then...
  8. desktop start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    desktop start up: my window 10 desktop when starting there's a red light that blinks 4 time and will not start just keeps blinking and sounding noise help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-start-up/18dc1f7e-bd8c-4936-9f36-ff0ffb1c64f4
  9. start up problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    start up problem: hello windows i have a problem that after starting the windows every time a pop up notification is coming written as WINDOWS DEFENDER ANTIVIRUS FOUND THREADS... So i scanned my device and there was no viruses.. i also runned advanced scan but nothing found . I need...
  10. Problems with Start Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with Start Up: I stopped using the desktop in Win8.1 (apart from those apps that still open it to start) With Win10 , the desktop appears automatically on start up and also if you close an app. This always needs an extra keystroke to get back to the start screen. Is there any way of...