Windows 10: Desktop and task bar keeps restarting

Discus and support Desktop and task bar keeps restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, It has been few days since this is happening that the desktop screen totally goes off amd then comes back in 2 3 seconds. Its like hiccups to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sahil Hirve, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Desktop and task bar keeps restarting

Hi,

It has been few days since this is happening that the desktop screen totally goes off amd then comes back in 2 3 seconds. Its like hiccups to the pc.

This problem started when first after switching on my pc it took too long to open and thn directly this thing started happening.

The taskbar also freezes after every 10 seconds and then restarts.

Im also not able to run This pc, when I open it it just closes as the background restarts.

Tho im able to run chrome and quick heal antivirus perfectly.

Looking at this I booted my pc in safe mode. It successfully got booted but there's a little message that pops up which says '' the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of thos application.'' Explorer.exe gives me this msg.

Please help

:)

Sahil Hirve, Apr 21, 2020

2. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Task bar keeps moving

Hi Timbo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help.

The issue might have been caused if the ‘Auto-hide’ task bar option got checked. So, I would suggest you to try the following steps to disable auto hide task bar.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a uncheck mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

Also check the option “task bar location on the screen” need to select “bottom”.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Desktop and task bar keeps restarting

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Desktop and task bar keeps restarting

1. Desktop and task bar keeps restarting - Similar Threads - Desktop task bar

2. Windows Task Bar and Desktop keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Task Bar and Desktop keeps refreshing: Hi, when I start my PC it loads everything fine until i put my password in the login screen: in that moment my desktop starts refreshing and I can see nothing but if I wait it loads successfully and i can use my pc with no issue.I already tried all the solution on the same...
  3. Windows Task Bar and Desktop keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Task Bar and Desktop keeps refreshing: Hi, when I start my PC it loads everything fine until i put my password in the login screen: in that moment my desktop starts refreshing and I can see nothing but if I wait it loads successfully and i can use my pc with no issue.I already tried all the solution on the same...
  4. Windows Task Bar and Desktop keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop: I am using windows 10 and it suddenly started to lag and taskbar disappeared and later the desktop became black with no response and right clicking or pressing start key in keyboard has no response also setting app would not open.In services search app had been suspended....
  6. disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop: I am using windows 10 and it suddenly started to lag and taskbar disappeared and later the desktop became black with no response and right clicking or pressing start key in keyboard has no response also setting app would not open.In services search app had been suspended....
  7. Start/Task Bar Issues with Shutdown/Restart, Restart, Task Bar and Short Cut Icons

Start/Task Bar Issues with Shutdown/Restart, Restart, Task Bar and Short Cut Icons: I'll try to make this as short as possible and properly describe my issue. 1. When I shut down my HP desktop and restart, all shortcut icons and task bar icons show up and everything works EXCEPT Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If I open either of them from that task...
  8. Pin from task bar to desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin from task bar to desktop?: I had google chrome on pc (account 1) It appears on taskbar so I pinned it for convenience However, it doesn’t appear on the desktop(apps and all) the chrome on desktop is account 2 I want to pin account 1 google to desktop from taskbar TLDR, 2 chromes at the bottom, both...
  9. Never hide task bar on desktop

Never hide task bar on desktop: Hello. Is there any way to hide taskbar when I use a program, and never hide when I go to desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/never-hide-task-bar-on-desktop/e3f28c82-f424-4c89-8c47-00c74b43fd10
  10. Task Bar keeps refreshing

Task Bar keeps refreshing: My taskbar keeps refreshing every few minutes. It won't let me click the Wi-Fi icon. Also, I have been trying to fix it for about a month. I cannot find anything that is using alot of CPU. Please help....