Windows 10: Desktop and Taskbar Dissapearing Shortly after Startup

Discus and support Desktop and Taskbar Dissapearing Shortly after Startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently did an upgrade install from my Win7 desktop to Windows 10, and I've been having this issue since. Right near the end of when the computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cephian, Jul 31, 2015.

1. cephian Win User

Desktop and Taskbar Dissapearing Shortly after Startup

I recently did an upgrade install from my Win7 desktop to Windows 10, and I've been having this issue since. Right near the end of when the computer is finished starting up (a couple minutes after the desktop appears) the desktop and taskbar turn to black. I do not get an "XXX has stopped working" message. Starting the taskbar via Ctrl+Shift+Esc and using File>Run to start explorer.exe fixes it for anywhere from 30 or so seconds to not at all. I booted my computer into safe mode (with networking) and the problem persisted.

On a possibly related note, if I try to go into control panel it just shows for about half a second before closing itself.
    I can use programs like Skype, Chrome, Steam and the explorer file browser fine, but the taskbar and desktop are just non-existant.

:)

cephian, Jul 31, 2015

2. Start Menu and Taskbar malfunctioning

Shortly after updating to Windows 10, I already experienced the bug where Start Menu and Taskbar is malfunctioning. I cannot open the Start Menu nor open anything in the Taskbar but clicking desktop icons is wor.

MoneebHaseeb, Jul 31, 2015
  3. 7thSense Win User
    is there any flash player for samgsun wp7

No and there never will be. Adbobe has stopped developing Flash, so it will dissapear from all mobile platforms shortly.

7thSense, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Desktop and Taskbar Dissapearing Shortly after Startup

1. Desktop and Taskbar Dissapearing Shortly after Startup - Similar Threads - Desktop Taskbar Dissapearing

2. Icons on the taskbar dissapear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on the taskbar dissapear: I have a laptop. And when I'm using another display, my icons on the taskbar disappear. After I click them, they appear again. How to fix it?This problem happens only when i use another display....
  3. Icons on the taskbar dissapear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the taskbar dissapear: I have a laptop. And when I'm using another display, my icons on the taskbar disappear. After I click them, they appear again. How to fix it?This problem happens only when i use another display....
  4. System Crashes Shortly after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Crashes Shortly after startup: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎06/‎07/‎2022 18:03StatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 10eParameter 1: 17Parameter 2: ffff8283d1536000Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: ffffffffc00002b6OS version: 10_0_22000Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  5. System Crashes Shortly after startup

System Crashes Shortly after startup: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎06/‎07/‎2022 18:03StatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 10eParameter 1: 17Parameter 2: ffff8283d1536000Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: ffffffffc00002b6OS version: 10_0_22000Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  6. Taskbar keeps dissapearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar keeps dissapearing: Hi,This is something that happened the first time ever.I have a fresh Windows 10 64 bit OS and whenever I play a game in fullscreen or fullscreen windowed, the taskbar will disappear when switching back to the desktop. Auto-hide taskbar option is disabled, sfc /scannow...
  7. Taskbar keeps dissapearing

Taskbar keeps dissapearing: Hi,This is something that happened the first time ever.I have a fresh Windows 10 64 bit OS and whenever I play a game in fullscreen or fullscreen windowed, the taskbar will disappear when switching back to the desktop. Auto-hide taskbar option is disabled, sfc /scannow...
  8. Taskbar keeps dissapearing

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. BSOD shortly after startup of win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD shortly after startup of win10: When running normal mode my computer have run perfectly with the same system config for more then 1.5 years now. No HW has been changed. Lately I have started to get BSOD unexpected operation (win10 64bit). The problem does not occour when running safe mode with network...
  10. BSOD Shortly After Startup - CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Shortly After Startup - CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION: A while ago I had this BSOD and after some shot-in-the-dark attempts to fix it like reinstalling some drivers, chkdsk, and that sort of thing, it worked again and I thought it was over. Recently it has came back with a vengeance. This happened after I updated and used...