Windows 10: desktop and taskbar icons keep disappearing/getting replaced with missing icon image. cant...

Discus and support desktop and taskbar icons keep disappearing/getting replaced with missing icon image. cant... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it all. My icons wont come back with cache rebuild or troubleshooting, ive scanned for viruses, i dont have any 3rd part applications that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tacticoolnukes, Apr 11, 2020.

1. desktop and taskbar icons keep disappearing/getting replaced with missing icon image. cant...

Title says it all.

My icons wont come back with cache rebuild or troubleshooting, ive scanned for viruses, i dont have any 3rd part applications that should mess with my icons. I simply cant work out whats happening and why. all the .icon files seem to still be in the icon cache but SFC scan doesnt pick up on any corrupted files and the only thing that seems to fix the issue is doing a reinstall of windows.

Nothing else seems to be off at all. I use an EGPU but i always safely disconnect my laptop. the last time it happened was when my laptop unexpectedly lost power and shut down suddenly but thats all i know.

Has anyone else had the same or similar issue? Ive reinstalled windows 4 times now beacuse it keeps on happening and its driving me nuts.

submitted by /u/tacticoolnukes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tacticoolnukes, Apr 11, 2020

2. Desktop icons missing?

For some reason, between last night, when I OC'd, and sometime today, my desktop icons disappeared. I've tried downclocking to stock clocks, and enabling/disabling desktop icons does nothing. *Frown desktop and taskbar icons keep disappearing/getting replaced with missing icon image. cant... :(

I've tried restarting, it doesn't help either. *Frown desktop and taskbar icons keep disappearing/getting replaced with missing icon image. cant... :(

desktop and taskbar icons keep disappearing/getting replaced with missing icon image. cant... 0d3bde3c.jpg

Radical_Edward, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Missing Desktop Icon Text

You can't rename or even create new folders, etc ... The icons are there I just took a screenshot to show what I was talking about. The icons are unclickable

Morrison5891, Apr 11, 2020
  4. desktop and taskbar icons keep disappearing/getting replaced with missing icon image. cant...

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

desktop and taskbar icons keep disappearing/getting replaced with missing icon image. cant...

1. desktop and taskbar icons keep disappearing/getting replaced with missing icon image. cant... - Similar Threads - desktop taskbar icons

2. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  3. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  4. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.

Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.: When I turn the computer on this morning, and looked what happened to this, Icons on desktop, taskbar and file explorer are gone. Also, I cannot open the properties for any file on the computer. This gives me a headache and frustrated.LOOK AT THIS PICTUREFirst, Is there's a...
  6. Taskbar Icons Keep Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Keep Disappearing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Starwind_Amada [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzw79x/taskbar_icons_keep_disappearing/
  7. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared: So I started up my computer today and I noticed that all of the icons for my apps where missing on my desktop, and on my taskbar it just showed a generic image, except for mail which is showing just fine. I can still access all of the apps, and when I load up discord the...
  8. Missing taskbar and Icons on desktop

Missing taskbar and Icons on desktop: Within the last week my desktop changed. I lost all links I had posted and lost the taskbar. What appeared is the display one used to get when clicking the WINDOWS icon, bottom left. New computer, Windows 10 32 bit. How do I remove the current dislay on desktop & restore...
  9. Desktop Icons Disappeared and Taskbar Icons Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Disappeared and Taskbar Icons Changed: I have a laptop with a 4k 17.3" display. When set to native resolution, 3840x2160, some programs do not display their dialog boxes and menus in usable form. In an attempt to correct this I have tried setting the display resolution to 1920x1080. Then setting the magnification...
  10. Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing: I keep getting this blank document icon instead of the correct icon in Windows 10 Pro. It does happen with a few different apps but it's almost exclusively Adobe programs. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks. [img] 51212

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing icons and taskbar has a loading symbol