Windows 10: Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen

Discus and support Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If, after a Windows Update or a Driver update, your Desktop and Taskbar keep refreshing with a black screen, then its a typical driver issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 14, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen

WinClub, Mar 14, 2020

2. Black desktop and taskbar

My taskbar is gone and my desktop background is black now and keep refreshing. What shall I do ??

explorer.exe in cmd does not the solution

Code_Machine, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 desktop screen and taskbar keep refreshing ( Tried many ways but still failed )

Good day,
    As the title mentioned, my desktop screen going crazy since yesterday night.

Below is how my laptop behave:

1. The desktop screen and taskbar keep refreshing for no reason.

2. Icons in the desktop screen are not visible but wallpaper is visible.

3. Start button in the taskbar hard to be triggered( High chances to pop up error message or remains silence after a long loading time ).

4. File explorer hard to be opened.

5. In the task manager screen, I can see explorer.exe keep restarting.

6. In the safe mode, the desktop screen and taskbar also keep refreshing, Start button in the taskbar and File explorer also hard to be triggered.

7. Command prompt is okay to be used and react fast.

8. I still able to start Chrome by using command line.

Below is what I have done after I research:

1. This problem can be solved by uninstalling iCloud, but my laptop don't have iCloud.

2. Uninstalling Norton also can fix the problem, but my laptop have only 360 Total Security

3. Uninstalling IDT Audio Driver also can do the trick, but my laptop using others driver.

4. System recovery done, but the problem is still there. ( last backup is 22 Sep 2017 )

5. Tried restarting laptop for few time, but problem still there. ( I know this method is useless but at least I tried Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen ;) )

[UPDATE 27 SEP 2017]

What I have tried:

1. sfc /scannow. No error found.

2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. Restore done, but nothing changed.

3. Uninstalled 360 Total Security. Same result.

What I have found:

1. The refreshing problem stopped if the explorer.exe stopped via task manager, but the desktop interface and taskbar disappeared. ( I can still use task manager by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESC and use command prompt. )

2. My Windows Version is 1703. OS Build is 15063.608.

[UPDATE 28 SEP 2017]
    Blue Screened.

As suggested by @Peter in the comment below, I trying to find the pdf file in my laptop to verify if it is like what Peter suggested. In the first try, the File Explorer stop responding and force stopped by system when I scroll slowly to find the pdf file. In the second try, the legendary blue screen popped out.

So as conclusion, if you reading this post and facing same problem like me, please follow what Peter suggested and uninstall Adobe Reader. Peace.

Villager A, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen

taskbar and desktop keep on refreshing

my taskbar and desktop keep refreshing every few minutes and i can't seem to be able to stop it.

i have tried the sfc/scannow command in cmd as an admin and the other one that i cant't remember the name of.

jarrad-schneider, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen

1. Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen - Similar Threads - Desktop Taskbar keeps

2. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing: I have read through all the posts to help fix this, but nothing helps. If i select reinstall windows keeping apps and files, it only lest me keep my files, not my apps/programs. If i do that it will take me days to get it all back. I tried the sfc /scannow but i can only do...
  3. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing: I have read through all the posts to help fix this, but nothing helps. If i select reinstall windows keeping apps and files, it only lest me keep my files, not my apps/programs. If i do that it will take me days to get it all back. I tried the sfc /scannow but i can only do...
  4. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...
  6. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...
  7. Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing: I installed an update yesterday but it got stuck at 35% with a message saying "updates are underway keep your computer on", today i restarted my laptop and now the taskbar and screen keeps refreshing and I'm unable to perform any actions because it keeps refreshing in 3-4...
  8. Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen and taskbar keeps refreshing: I installed an update yesterday but it got stuck at 35% with a message saying "updates are underway keep your computer on", today i restarted my laptop and now the taskbar and screen keeps refreshing and I'm unable to perform any actions because it keeps refreshing in 3-4...
  9. Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen: Hi, I got a problem with my laptop, the taskbar and desktop refreshes itself every 3 or 4 seconds and it shows a black screen in the process. With Ctrl alt del I have been able to open taskbar and it shows 50-90% cpu use I think the explorer.exe task also refreshes. This...
  10. My desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing.

My desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing.: Whenever I download an image such as a png or jpeg my desktop, taskbar, and open folders refreshes and it is quite annoying. Some help would be very appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing