Windows 10: Desktop and taskbar not loading

Discus and support Desktop and taskbar not loading in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I booted my pc up this morning, I logged in and my desktop would not load my apps, and my taskbar wouldn't either. My taskbar also gives me a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamH104, Mar 31, 2020.

1. SamH104 Win User

Desktop and taskbar not loading

When I booted my pc up this morning, I logged in and my desktop would not load my apps, and my taskbar wouldn't either. My taskbar also gives me a spinning cursor whenever I hover over it and I cannot navigate to or open any apps to fix this.

:)

SamH104, Mar 31, 2020

2. taskbar

Hi Roger,

Thank you for sharing this to the Microsoft Community. We suggest that you follow these steps for possible solution:

• Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. If in tablet mode, hold your finger on the taskbar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. You can also do the same for tablet mode.

In addition to that, you can follow the reply of johnhart061 on this
    thread for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Mar 31, 2020
  3. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Desktop and taskbar not loading

Desktop and task bar not loading.

Hi,

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Do you see any error messages when you try to access anything on the desktop or taskbar? A screenshot, if available, will also help.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Desktop and taskbar not loading

1. Desktop and taskbar not loading - Similar Threads - Desktop taskbar loading

2. PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar: Hello,Earlier in the week I had taken steps to improve the performance of Mortal Kombat 1 on my pc. I went about this by installing Process Lasso on my pc and changing the number of maximum cores active from 1 to 12. The pc had run fine over the next day or so, but when I...
  3. PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar: Hello,Earlier in the week I had taken steps to improve the performance of Mortal Kombat 1 on my pc. I went about this by installing Process Lasso on my pc and changing the number of maximum cores active from 1 to 12. The pc had run fine over the next day or so, but when I...
  4. PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 not loading taskbar and desktop blacked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not loading taskbar and desktop blacked out: Hi, I recently installed Windows 11 on my laptop but after an update suddenly the taskbar won't load, and the desktop is blacked out. Please help me ASAP!!...
  6. Desktop is blank and taskbar is still loading

Desktop is blank and taskbar is still loading: My windows 10 problem is hanging due to background running apps and programmes. They are stopping me when i access to safe mode.The safe mode become black and I leave the system for half hour and then half hour later some icons appear in taskbar but desktop was still blank...
  7. Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working

Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working: One of the computers in my office has been playing up. It was not opening the start menu or launching programs from the task bar. I reset the computer yesterday, and it seemed to work fine. Today, it doesn't even want to load the desktop on startup. Run SFC and it came...
  8. Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working

Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working: One of the computers in my office has been playing up. It was not opening the start menu or launching programs from the task bar. After booting into safe mode, it seemed to work again, but then failed to launch anything in the next few hours. I reset the computer...
  9. Desktop keeps refreshing and taskbar is not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop keeps refreshing and taskbar is not loading: My desktop keeps refreshing after the computer boots up. The icons on the task bar do not appear as well. I have tried a clean boot and starting in safe mode but that does not help. Can someone please assist?...
  10. Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load: I use Google Chrome as my search engine. I downloaded the program and have been using it since I got this computer about 5 weeks ago. I had a shortcut on my desktop and one on my taskbar at the bottom. I also had an app in my charm bar in the windows window in the bottom...