Windows 10: Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen

Discus and support Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I got a problem with my laptop, the taskbar and desktop refreshes itself every 3 or 4 seconds and it shows a black screen in the process. With Ctrl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maxitus22, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen

Hi, I got a problem with my laptop, the taskbar and desktop refreshes itself every 3 or 4 seconds and it shows a black screen in the process. With Ctrl alt del I have been able to open taskbar and it shows 50-90% cpu use I think the explorer.exe task also refreshes. This happens when I'm logged in and I can't open any app besides task manager. Help plis

submitted by /u/maxitus22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maxitus22, Mar 1, 2020

2. Black desktop and taskbar

My taskbar is gone and my desktop background is black now and keep refreshing. What shall I do ??

explorer.exe in cmd does not the solution

Code_Machine, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen

1. Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen - Similar Threads - Desktop taskbar refreshing

2. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  3. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  4. Refreshing taskbar and desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refreshing taskbar and desktop.: Dear users, I have recently run into a recurring issue where my pc seems to do a routine refresh. It doesn't matter what apps are open, the screen goes slightly whiter and pulls me out to the desktop where i have to watch my apps refresh flicker. I then have to go back...
  5. Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes: Started to notice it around a year ago. Randomly my desktop keep refreshing itself and while im browsing sometimes i can see Chrome icon on my taskbar blink (like it got unselected for a split second). I did 2 reinstall since it started and it keeps returning. submitted by...
  6. Screen/Taskbar refresh

Screen/Taskbar refresh: Windows 10 automatically updated this morning, and since then I have been plagued by the desktop and taskbar repeatedly refreshing. Some programs also abort or refuse to run. I cannot, for example, get the Settings to open even to check the details of the update. Please help...
  7. Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen: [ATTACH]If, after a Windows Update or a Driver update, your Desktop and Taskbar keep refreshing with a black screen, then its a typical driver issue […] This article Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing: Just happened today when I opened my laptop. Essentially the desktop/taskbar is perpetually refreshing and I can't open the start menu. The cursor also has the loading symbol constantly. In safe mode the same thing happens, and it is still going on after resetting windows...
  9. Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared)

Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared): Hi everyone, Yesterday I turned on my laptop and all I could see is a black screen. I searched the internet and tried creating "explorer.exe" task using Task Manager. Turns out it doesn't work in my case. All I could see after creating the task was an even more annoying...
  10. Desktop Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Taskbar Refresh: Having just upgraded to Windows 10 from W 7. My problem is that the Desktop and the Task Bar frequently refreshes. This results in any work I am doing on the Desktop is cancelled. Can anybody please help. Thanks in anticipation 54757