Windows 10: Desktop and taskbar won't stop refreshing/reloading

Discus and support Desktop and taskbar won't stop refreshing/reloading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Alienware laptop working on Windows 10, I noticed some time ago that the desktop and taskbar keep refreshing/reloading every time, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JR-4, Jan 20, 2019.

1. JR-4 Win User

Desktop and taskbar won't stop refreshing/reloading

Hello, I have an Alienware laptop working on Windows 10, I noticed some time ago that the desktop and taskbar keep refreshing/reloading every time, and lately my computer has been really slow, and whatever I'm using in Full-Screen Mode is being minimized, and it wasn't like that, I would like to know 1)is this normal? 2)if not is there a solution. Alongside this issue, I notice that almost half of my RAM Memory (around 40% of 16GB RAM) is been used by system processes, of which some are repeated, What can I do about it?

:)

2. JerryZD Win User

Windows 10 Desktop continues to refresh/reload

windows 10 desktop continues to refresh ,but never stops refreshing or reloading.

JerryZD, Jan 20, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Desktop constantly refreshing

Hi, some ideas here:
    Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing - Microsoft Community
    BEST FIX: Stop Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Refreshing - Appuals.com

Another observation:
    Windows 10 Desktop Constant Refresh: how can I stop the constant refreshing? - Windows Central Forums
    ...had the constant refresh problem
    Fixed it thus: First switching off WiFi, then right click on start button, select the shutdown sign off and select shutdown
    Then boot pc as normal - leave to do all its stuff - suggest about a couple of minutes - switch wifi back on and all was as it should be.

Another:
    Uninstall IDT Audio (if installed).

System Restore can be unreliable. Restore now doesn't work for me with a particular message which has rarely been reported.

Having read the above, if no help, then basics:
    a. Does it happen in Safe Mode?
    b. Does it happen after a clean boot?

dalchina, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Desktop and taskbar won't stop refreshing/reloading

Desktop Won`t Refresh On Windows 10

My desktop looks awful and I can`t refresh it. The icons are totally white and they`re scattered all over the place. The laptop is only 2 days old and HP support will not help me. I tried f5 but it does nothing. Thanks, Debi

technologykillsourbrains, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Desktop and taskbar won't stop refreshing/reloading

1. Desktop and taskbar won't stop refreshing/reloading - Similar Threads - Desktop taskbar won't

2. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  3. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  4. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Desktop Blinking and Reloading Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Desktop Blinking and Reloading Taskbar: I just updated my windows 10 to ver 10943.1052 and for some reason when I have anything minimized on the desktop like device manager, task manager, or a web browser when I click any one of them to bring it back up my whole desktop turns grey for a couple of seconds then my...
  6. Refreshing taskbar and desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refreshing taskbar and desktop.: Dear users, I have recently run into a recurring issue where my pc seems to do a routine refresh. It doesn't matter what apps are open, the screen goes slightly whiter and pulls me out to the desktop where i have to watch my apps refresh flicker. I then have to go back...
  7. Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes: Started to notice it around a year ago. Randomly my desktop keep refreshing itself and while im browsing sometimes i can see Chrome icon on my taskbar blink (like it got unselected for a split second). I did 2 reinstall since it started and it keeps returning. submitted by...
  8. Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing: Just happened today when I opened my laptop. Essentially the desktop/taskbar is perpetually refreshing and I can't open the start menu. The cursor also has the loading symbol constantly. In safe mode the same thing happens, and it is still going on after resetting windows...
  9. Windows 10 Interface and Taskbar keeps refreshing and reloading.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Interface and Taskbar keeps refreshing and reloading.: My Windows 10 interface and taskbar keeps reloading and refreshing and ive tried 1. Restarting 2. Taking out battery 3. Letring computer rest 4. Deleting files and freeing up memory Ive tried all those and i cant seem to fix this and i need help because this has been...
  10. Desktop Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Taskbar Refresh: Having just upgraded to Windows 10 from W 7. My problem is that the Desktop and the Task Bar frequently refreshes. This results in any work I am doing on the Desktop is cancelled. Can anybody please help. Thanks in anticipation 54757