Windows 10: Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing

Discus and support Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Heyy I see some of you guys can't access the control panel fast enough before it crashes...this was happening to me and then I remember about the task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HotWingsFTW, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing

Heyy I see some of you guys can't access the control panel fast enough before it crashes...this was happening to me and then I remember about the task manager. Open up the task manager, go to file on the top left of task manager, hit run new task and a search box will pop up. Type in control panel and just hit enter and control panel should pop up. By the way before you can do all this you have to keep trying to open control panel until the screen just stays black and then open task manager with control + alt + delete....anyways once the screen is black and the control panel opens you shouldn't have a problem uninstalling idt audio like Tim said. I hope this helps

xXScorpion003Xx, Aug 6, 2016
  2. Popsie63 Win User

I had problems with the control panel closing before I was able to uninstall. I found this way of making it stay on .. This is what I did. In cortana type run and press enter
    click on the run desktop option
    In the open box type in msconfig
    click on the third tab called services in the systems configure box
    click on the heading service to get alphabetical order
    scroll right down to Windows error reporting service and untick the box
    click ok
    this will stablise the control panel allowing you to uninstall the IDT audio file

fantastic fix thank you so much

Popsie63, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Glad I found this thread!!

Had to do this quickly with CCleaner---Tools, before the time between resets gets too fast to do anything.
    Took 3 installs & a number of different Google searches with just the right phrase.
    No problem with earlier versions, don't know why now with the Creator's Update?

Comp Cmndo, Apr 7, 2017
  4. Clearik Win User

Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry to reply to an old thread, but my problem is exactly the same. I've already uninstalled the IDT Audio driver, and the screen still flashes. However, I think I know the source of the problem, just not sure how to solve it.

My computer is an Alienware M15x running Windows 10 Home Edition x64. Above the keyboard, it has "touch" keys that do different things. One of the things is disabling the wireless adapter. Whenever I do that, the flashing stops. This led me to believe either the wireless card had went bad, or the drivers for the wireless card were just too old for the new update. Therefore, I purchased a new wireless card (with Windows 10 drivers), and unfortunately the issue persist. I want to note that whenever I "disable" the wireless adapter driver in Device Manager, the flashing also stops. I believe the issue has something to do with the task bar, which would also explain why removing the IDT Audio drivers resolves the issue for other people (as audio is also an icon in the task bar).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-

Clearik, Oct 26, 2017
  5. Clearik Win User
    What ended up resolving my issue was connecting to the internet via Ethernet, and downloading the latest Windows 10 update. Perhaps the first update just got corrupted whenever it was applied.

Clearik, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing

1. Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing - Similar Threads - Desktop Toolbar constantly

2. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  3. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  4. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Desktop Crashing/Refreshing Constantly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Crashing/Refreshing Constantly?: Hey! Hopefully this isn't against the rules but I can't exactly find the problem I have online. I tend to save a lot of things to my desktop while I'm working on them, which is bad practice so maybe I just need to stop doing it, but basically every time something in my...
  6. Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing: Just happened today when I opened my laptop. Essentially the desktop/taskbar is perpetually refreshing and I can't open the start menu. The cursor also has the loading symbol constantly. In safe mode the same thing happens, and it is still going on after resetting windows...
  7. Desktop constantly refreshing

Desktop constantly refreshing: My Windows 10 computer refreshes every 15 or so seconds. When I try to open my Control Panel or File Explorer, they close during every refresh, so every solution involving the two are completely impossible. My computer has been doing this for a few days and I've done...
  8. Constant refreshing-desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant refreshing-desktop problem.: Hello, i have a problem with my keyboard/windows i don't really know te cause. Whenever i push "h" or "g" button my screen constantly refreshes itself but when i press "j" it stops, it's the same with "up arrow key" and "down arrow key" one starts refreshing the other stops...
  9. Desktop refreshes constantly and other issues.

Desktop refreshes constantly and other issues.: Hello. After months of normal use, I booted yesterday my pc and when I logged into my profile, the desktop started flashing constantly, like it's refreshing every 2 seconds. My cursor is a constant spinning wheel, and I can't click anything. I also noticed that the disk usage...
  10. Desktop constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop constantly refreshing: Hi I have win 10 and my laptop is Lenovo ideapad Y700 and it's 2 months since I've bought it. 2 weeks ago after a windows update my desktop kept refreshing every 2 seconds. A system restore have fixed the problem several times, but today the system restore fails and the...