Windows 10: Desktop and toolbar failing to load after login

Discus and support Desktop and toolbar failing to load after login in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had this laptop for like 3-4 years and it started not loading just recently. I do the regular startup, put in my password, my desktop wallpaper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheGoodLemon1, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Desktop and toolbar failing to load after login

I've had this laptop for like 3-4 years and it started not loading just recently. I do the regular startup, put in my password, my desktop wallpaper loads and the toolbar at the bottom, but no icons. The toolbar doesn't load properly since I can't select anything there and the only keypresses that do anything are ctrl+alt+delete (can't open task manager either) and dragging on the desktop does a similar thing to restarting file manager through the task manager (screen turns black for a moment, then it's like nothing happened). I've tried booting up in safe mode, I tried the windows diagnostic, I really probably will reinstall the os but I'd like to back up my files without the use of a second computer.

submitted by /u/TheGoodLemon1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheGoodLemon1, Mar 10, 2021

2. Bing HRS Toolbar Login Problem

Hi Ashlie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Are you in a Domain?

• Are you a local account or Microsoft account?

• Do you have another user account

Meanwhile I suggest you to follow the steps given by
    Rajith's in the article below and verify the result.

UHRS Login failed-Unauthorized

Reply with necessary information and I'll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Desktop Toolbar - Registry Hacking?

Hello again,

I don't like having icons on my desktop most of the time, so I use the desktop toolbar on my taskbar to access my programs. It works great, but I am forced to have 8 icons or shortcuts that I don't want there. They include My Computer, Recycle Bin, my user folder, Network, Control Panel, Control Panel (There are two of them), Home Group, Libraries.

Is there a way to remove these? If I delete them from the toolbar they come right back.

Anyone know any registry hacks to remove them from the toolbar, for good?

MLG The Canadian, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Desktop and toolbar failing to load after login

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Desktop and toolbar failing to load after login

1. Desktop and toolbar failing to load after login - Similar Threads - Desktop toolbar failing

2. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.: When I login to my computer I can see my desktop and move my mouse around but when I try to open or load any apps or programs it will not load any of them. I cannot load my settings or even shut down or restart my device from the desktop, only when I’m in the sign in page. If...
  3. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.: When I login to my computer I can see my desktop and move my mouse around but when I try to open or load any apps or programs it will not load any of them. I cannot load my settings or even shut down or restart my device from the desktop, only when I’m in the sign in page. If...
  4. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Remote Desktop Login Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Login Failed: I just purchased a new Windows 11 system and I am using another Windows 11 system on my laptop to access the system through remote desktop and I get an error that says that the login failed. Something in the new Windows 11 system is blocking logins from remote desktop:I am...
  6. Remote Desktop Login Failed

Remote Desktop Login Failed: I just purchased a new Windows 11 system and I am using another Windows 11 system on my laptop to access the system through remote desktop and I get an error that says that the login failed. Something in the new Windows 11 system is blocking logins from remote desktop:I am...
  7. Play Video After Login and Before Load the Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play Video After Login and Before Load the Desktop: Can anyone know how to play a video right after you login but before you load the desktop itself. I really want to do it like in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05K5glVCwis&t=6s in minute 12:54. I already went to the link that were given to do it but I can't figure it out....
  8. Play Video After Login and Before Load the Desktop

Play Video After Login and Before Load the Desktop: Can anyone know how to play a video right after you login but before you load the desktop itself. I really want to do it like in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05K5glVCwis&t=6s in minute 12:54. I already went to the link that were given to do it but I can't figure it out....
  9. Desktop and toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and toolbar: I am unable to click on anything in the toolbar at the bottom of my screen and also I can't click on the Windows icon to launch my apps in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-toolbar/e798ad8e-db6f-458b-b49a-bc8335c43588
  10. fail to login remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    fail to login remote desktop: I have a windows server 2012R2, and have 2 local account for remote purpose (account A : with administrator group, account B : not in administrator group) when remote from a windows 7, everything works fine, but when remote from a windows 10, 1) only the account B is...