Windows 10: Desktop and toolbar

Discus and support Desktop and toolbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to click on anything in the toolbar at the bottom of my screen and also I can't click on the Windows icon to launch my apps in Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaryGibson1, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Desktop and toolbar

I am unable to click on anything in the toolbar at the bottom of my screen and also I can't click on the Windows icon to launch my apps in Windows 10.

:)

MaryGibson1, Jan 29, 2019

2. Desktop Toolbar - Registry Hacking?

Hello again,

I don't like having icons on my desktop most of the time, so I use the desktop toolbar on my taskbar to access my programs. It works great, but I am forced to have 8 icons or shortcuts that I don't want there. They include My Computer, Recycle Bin, my user folder, Network, Control Panel, Control Panel (There are two of them), Home Group, Libraries.

Is there a way to remove these? If I delete them from the toolbar they come right back.

Anyone know any registry hacks to remove them from the toolbar, for good?

MLG The Canadian, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Arctucas Win User
    Desktop Toolbar - Registry Hacking?

I use Quick Launch Toolbar rather than Desktop Toolbar. You may add or subtract icons as you please; for example, the Recycle Bin.

Arctucas, Jan 29, 2019
  4. fussybob Win User

Desktop and toolbar

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Desktop and toolbar

1. Desktop and toolbar - Similar Threads - Desktop toolbar

2. desktop toolbar (windows 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    desktop toolbar (windows 10): [IMG] Is there a way i can make my desktop toolbar on taskbar from the boring way where the files display as a vertical window. I want a way where i can display it in the attached image...
  3. Is it possible to turn Windows toolbar a global one for all desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to turn Windows toolbar a global one for all desktops?: Is it possible to turn Windows taskbar global for all desktops, like it is in MacOS, that is, if an app is open, whichever is the actual desktop, both de app and the task is accessible in the taskbar. I think this improves the UX greatly!I tried to google search and also on...
  4. Is it possible to turn Windows toolbar a global one for all desktops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to turn Windows toolbar a global one for all desktops?: Is it possible to turn Windows taskbar global for all desktops, like it is in MacOS, that is, if an app is open, whichever is the actual desktop, both de app and the task is accessible in the taskbar. I think this improves the UX greatly!I tried to google search and also on...
  5. Is it possible to turn Windows toolbar a global one for all desktops?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to remove links from desktop toolbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove links from desktop toolbar: HelloI use Win11 22H2. Via Windows Update, I recently installed the following. KB5021255 & KB5022303. After the installation I noticed the following automatic changes.1. A Home folder with 6 pinned sub-folders were added to file explorer's navigation pane.2. Links to all 7...
  7. How to remove links from desktop toolbar

How to remove links from desktop toolbar: HelloI use Win11 22H2. Via Windows Update, I recently installed the following. KB5021255 & KB5022303. After the installation I noticed the following automatic changes.1. A Home folder with 6 pinned sub-folders were added to file explorer's navigation pane.2. Links to all 7...
  8. Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.: Hi! How do I add desktop icon or shortcut to a folder quick access toolbar? It went missing after a system update, I guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-missing-in-quick-access-toolbar/87fa877a-171b-4083-9973-9b6067d82bea
  9. Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.

Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.: Hi! How do I add desktop icon or shortcut to a folder quick access toolbar? It went missing after a system update, I guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-missing-in-quick-access-toolbar/87fa877a-171b-4083-9973-9b6067d82bea
  10. How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?: Not how make a desktop icon I know how do that. How do I can an icon on my toolbar that I can click when gaming that leads directly to the desktop; that minimizes all the programs and browsers and shows only the desktop. But is on my TOOLBAR so I can get to it EASILY. ???...