Windows 10: Desktop App Converter -- signing .appx package for distribution?

Discus and support Desktop App Converter -- signing .appx package for distribution? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anybody know if/how an .appx package created using the Desktop App Converter tool can be digitally signed for distribution, without purchasing a cert... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pegasone, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Pegasone Win User

Desktop App Converter -- signing .appx package for distribution?

Anybody know if/how an .appx package created using the Desktop App Converter tool can be digitally signed for distribution, without purchasing a cert from a CA?

:)

Pegasone, Sep 25, 2016
  2. Uri2016 Win User

Problem submitting to windows store win32 app converted to *.appx format by DesktopAppConverter.ps1 (centennial project technology)

I converted win32 program packed by innosetup using DesktopAppConverter.ps1 script into *.appx, but when submitting it to the windows store I get the following errors:

Package acceptance validation error: We don’t allow the capability you’ve specified: runFullTrust.

Package acceptance validation error: Apps are not allowed to have a Version with a revision number other than zero specified in the app manifest. The package Radiolix.appx specifies 0.0.0.1.

Package acceptance validation error: You don't have permissions to specify the following namespaces in the appx manifest file of the package my_prog.appx: http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/manifest/foundation/windows10/restrictedcapabilities

Uri2016, Sep 25, 2016
  3. igital signing of the AppX failed. Error message: 'Certificate: Subject[] Issuer[] digisign.exe error. Signing file. HRESULT: -2146893816. Error message: Invalid algorithm specified.

Hi,

i was trying to convert .exe file to AppX file to upload that to Windows store. Is that possible with Windows 10 VS 2015?

For this to achieve i used advanced installer software.

On building this on Advanced installer i am getting this error. "The digital signing of the AppX failed."

ExtramarksEducation, Sep 25, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

I don't think that is possible. I would certainly hope not. That would defeat the whole purpose of digital signing.

LMiller7, Sep 25, 2016
  5. Pegasone Win User
    Right, but MS developed this tool for publishing desktop apps to Windows Store *Smile Do you think the developer is not supposed to digitally sign the .appx? Maybe just submit it, unsigned, through Desktop Bridge? Besides, Desktop App Converter seems to support a -Sign flag, at least for testing. This is very confusing.

Update: Found this: "if you intend to send the package up to the Microsoft store, they throw away your cert and use their own, so you only need to worry about signing this for testing and for private use"

Pegasone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop App Converter -- signing .appx package for distribution? - Similar Threads - Desktop App Converter

2. Ubuntu Appx package installation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu Appx package installation Error: Hi,I was trying to install Ubuntu-2204-220620_x64.Appx downloaded from MS store ,and facing error as shown in attached image. Please advise fix.Windows Version on my computer Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Version 22H2 Installed on ‎03/‎12/‎2023 OS build 19045.2965 steps...
  3. Ubuntu Appx package installation Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ubuntu Appx package installation Error: Hi,I was trying to install Ubuntu-2204-220620_x64.Appx downloaded from MS store ,and facing error as shown in attached image. Please advise fix.Windows Version on my computer Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Version 22H2 Installed on ‎03/‎12/‎2023 OS build 19045.2965 steps...
  4. Ubuntu Appx package installation Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Having trouble removing basic appx-packages.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having trouble removing basic appx-packages.: Hello, i can't remove basic appx-packages, like WindowsCamera, or Alarms & Clock. Uninstall is greyed out and powershell command:"Get-AppxPackage packagename Remove-AppxPackage" doesn't work. And i don't want to use command for removing all packages, not sure if it would not...
  6. can't uninstall appx-packages

can't uninstall appx-packages: I tried both commands: Get-AppxPackage -allusers PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxPackage -user "username" PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Command works, but packages won't remove. Found packages, after that which can be removed manually and they stayed...
  7. can't uninstall appx-packages

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    can't uninstall appx-packages: I tried both commands: Get-AppxPackage -allusers PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxPackage -user "username" PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Command works, but packages won't remove. Found packages, after that which can be removed manually and they stayed...
  8. How to integrate an APPX package to Windows 10?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to integrate an APPX package to Windows 10?: Is it possible to integrate an APPX package to the Windows 10 install.wim or right in ISO? Specifically in Windows 10 S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-integrate-an-appx-package-to-windows-10/905b5bd2-ee48-41a8-a850-9e1dcf67f799"
  9. Sideload Appx Package Error: 0x803F8001

Sideload Appx Package Error: 0x803F8001: I'm trying to sideload an appx package on Windows 10. I installed using the command, PowerShell.exe "Add-AppxPackage 'YellowElephantProductions.5641246962A82_1.18.23.0_x64__p3e1zgp7z7szg.Appx'" It works but at run time I receive error, "Screen Shot Tool PRO is currently...
  10. Get appx package file for Windows Store installed app

Get appx package file for Windows Store installed app: Can anybody help me make an appx package for a Windows Store app that I have downloaded and installed on my computer. I have all the files, signatures, etc. for the app. I just want to make an appx package for it so that I can sideload it to other Windows 8+ PCs. Anyone know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. appx shortcut package convert