Windows 10: desktop app

Discus and support desktop app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need help. What should I do about this it pops up whenever I tried to refresh in my desktop and also in the file manager whenever I click the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoanneAlvarez, Apr 20, 2019.

1. desktop app

I need help. What should I do about this it pops up whenever I tried to refresh in my desktop and also in the file manager whenever I click the desktop folder it also pop up this notice. Please tell me what should I do or if I've done something. desktop app 0943569d-5957-44d1-8424-3fbae7a3400a?upload=true.png

:)

JoanneAlvarez, Apr 20, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 20, 2019
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

desktop app

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. desktop app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

desktop app

1. desktop app - Similar Threads - desktop app

2. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  3. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  4. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  5. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  6. my RAM usage goes through the roof when I use the "Remote Desktop" app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my RAM usage goes through the roof when I use the "Remote Desktop" app.: my RAM usage goes through the roof when I use the "Remote Desktop" app. On my old computer there were no problems, with my new computer the ram usage stays and never goes away unless I restart the computer.current computer with the problems: OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro...
  7. my RAM usage goes through the roof when I use the "Remote Desktop" app.

my RAM usage goes through the roof when I use the "Remote Desktop" app.: my RAM usage goes through the roof when I use the "Remote Desktop" app. On my old computer there were no problems, with my new computer the ram usage stays and never goes away unless I restart the computer.current computer with the problems: OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro...
  8. how do i pin an app to my desktop? what happened to drag and drop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i pin an app to my desktop? what happened to drag and drop?: new windows 10 user… i used 7 religiously until i got a new laptop. only using it for school and light gaming like minecraft and stuff. how do i get my apps and games on the home screen? there’s an option to pin it to start but nothing even happens when i do that? i figured...
  9. How can I create shortcut microsoft apps into desktop using screen reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create shortcut microsoft apps into desktop using screen reader: how can I create a shortcut those apps which I downloaded from ms store with screen reader?I am visually impaired person, I am using computer with Jaws and NVDA.?EI cannot use mouse, Microsoft must care accessibility in microsoft store and its apps....
  10. How can I create shortcut microsoft apps into desktop using screen reader

How can I create shortcut microsoft apps into desktop using screen reader: how can I create a shortcut those apps which I downloaded from ms store with screen reader?I am visually impaired person, I am using computer with Jaws and NVDA.?EI cannot use mouse, Microsoft must care accessibility in microsoft store and its apps....