Windows 10: Desktop Appearing as C: in File Explorer

Discus and support Desktop Appearing as C: in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In File Explorer the desktop shortcut redirects to my C: drive, as well as the name "Desktop" being changed to "C:" Any help would be appreciated!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RagedMeteor1837, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Desktop Appearing as C: in File Explorer

In File Explorer the desktop shortcut redirects to my C: drive, as well as the name "Desktop" being changed to "C:"

Any help would be appreciated!

In case it helps I'm running Windows 10 1909

:)

RagedMeteor1837, Dec 14, 2020
  2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Dec 14, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 14, 2020
  4. sturpe Win User

Desktop Appearing as C: in File Explorer

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

My Desktop is showing icons as normal. But if I try to find what is on my desktop by using file manager, I cannot find the icon. I also checked under C;\user my name, public, default and no desktop listed on any of them. Any suggestions?

sturpe, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Appearing as C: in File Explorer

1. Desktop Appearing as C: in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Desktop Appearing File

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  4. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Desktop appears twice in navigation pane of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop appears twice in navigation pane of File Explorer: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro v22H2. The Desktop is shown twice in the navigation pane of File Explorer. Also, the same folders on my Desktop are shown twice in the navigation pane. see screen clip below. Can this be changed so that the Desktop is...
  6. Desktop appears twice in navigation pane of File Explorer

Desktop appears twice in navigation pane of File Explorer: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro v22H2. The Desktop is shown twice in the navigation pane of File Explorer. Also, the same folders on my Desktop are shown twice in the navigation pane. see screen clip below. Can this be changed so that the Desktop is...
  7. PubKey file appearing on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PubKey file appearing on the desktop.: Hello, I see this file, named PubKey appearing on my desktop and I don't know how. The first time it appeared I deleted it but then again the next day it re-appeared. Is this a virus or something? Should I reset my PC?Please advise....
  8. PubKey file appearing on the desktop.

PubKey file appearing on the desktop.: Hello, I see this file, named PubKey appearing on my desktop and I don't know how. The first time it appeared I deleted it but then again the next day it re-appeared. Is this a virus or something? Should I reset my PC?Please advise....
  9. Desktop does not appear in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop does not appear in Explorer: W10-64 Home. 1909 I found the same problem in an older thread which is solved, but either I am doing ot wrong or it is not working for me.Following those instructions, I now have: [img] Notice, no Desktop. In the folder Downloads are the desktop files. They are also in...
  10. File Explorer slow to appear

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to appear: i'm running build 17763.437 but i believe this problem i've seen in earlier builds too. sometimes File Explorer appears not to open when i click on the app's icon that i have pinned to the start pg. but it does open if i then just click on the start button in the bottom left...