Windows 10: Desktop Applications - Assert Failure - mscorlib recurive resource lookup bug

Discus and support Desktop Applications - Assert Failure - mscorlib recurive resource lookup bug in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Upon attempting launching various programs (In my case, Razer Synapse, Twitch and Osu) I get the follow error message popup (See below). Following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sledgedude, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Desktop Applications - Assert Failure - mscorlib recurive resource lookup bug

Upon attempting launching various programs (In my case, Razer Synapse, Twitch and Osu) I get the follow error message popup (See below).

Following the little help there is online, I have attempted a clean boot, redownloading my .NET framework, reinstalling the programs I am getting the errors for, restarting, updated drivers, and running a system file checker. None of which have helped solve the problem whatsoever.

This problem only started occurring for me today, before which all the programs worked correctly - I have not installed anything that would affect the mscorlib, I have not contracted a virus to the best of my knowledge (my anti-virus software reinforces this), and I have not had a windows update.

The only thing I have no tried is refactoring, however, I do not have my windows disc handy so a solution that does not involve that would be preferred.

I use an ASUS realtek laptop, Intel core i5, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 12gb RAM - Windows 10, to the best of my ability. I believe everyone else I have seen afflicted with this issue also use windows 10.

Any help trying to resolve this error would be appreciated.

Desktop Applications - Assert Failure - mscorlib recurive resource lookup bug c0e4e1c8-f83e-40bc-9795-75fb0163d70f?upload=true.png

:)

Sledgedude, Nov 25, 2018

2. Computer not working after sign-in - Assert Failure message

Hello, I have a laptop running the latest public update for Windows 10. As I turned it on yesterday I got four different error messages for four processes which included IAStorIcon.exe, TOASTER.exe, and DropboxOEM.exe. The messages read as follows:

IAStorIcon.exe - Assert Failure

Expression: [mscorlib recursive resource lookup bug]

Description: Infinite recursion during resource lookup within mscorlib. This may be a bug in mscorlib, or potentially in certain extensibility points such as assembly resolve events or CultureInfo names. Resource name: Arg_ExternalException.

Abort/Retry/Ignore

I get these messages and the computer won't let me do anything else, no matter which option I click on the messages the computer won't do anything else. I can move the mouse around and click on stuff but no programs open, the start menu doesn't open, Ctrl+Alt+Supr
    does nothing, right clicking does nothing. It basically only lets me move the mouse. I tried to boot into safe mode and the first time it gave me a blue screen of death with the stop code: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. It loaded all the way up to 100% and then it
    stood there for half an hour, until I forcefully shutdown the computer. Next time I was able to boot into the blue screen that lets you use a restore point but the restore point was from after this problem started so the restore did nothing. What can I do
    and how can I do it? My computer is pretty much unusable after signing in so things after that screen are most probably not possible to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AndresGReynoso, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Assert Failure

Hello,

In rare cases wherein you were unable to install certain apps due to assertion failure, one of the things that we need to look at is the
    read-only access control on your Temp folder. This is because
    the setup application of the software you were trying to install was unable to copy temporary installation files
    to your hard drive.

To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest removing the read-only access
    control for your Temp folder. To do this, follow these steps:

• Locate the Temp folder on your computer.

Note Typically, this folder is located in C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings, where User Name is your user name.
    • Right-click Temp, and then click

Properties.
    • Under Attributes, click to clear the check box for

Read-only.

Note The Confirm Attribute Changes dialog box may appear (this behavior depends on the contents of your Temp folder). If this dialog box appears, click

Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files, and then click OK.
    • Click OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

***If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.***

Jefferson Ore, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Rock_1979 Win User

Desktop Applications - Assert Failure - mscorlib recurive resource lookup bug

Assert failure in keypad river while booting

Hi All,

I am getting ASSERT failure in my keypad driver while booting. I don't understand one thing that my SetPower function is getting called even before the keypad driver is fully loaded. This assert is also not happening 100%.

I would appreciate if I can get any pointers on it.

Rock_1979, Nov 25, 2018
  5. csills89 New Member
    anyone figure this out? i've even upgraded hardware and still get the same message...oh and installed win10 over 12 times.

csills89, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Applications - Assert Failure - mscorlib recurive resource lookup bug

1. Desktop Applications - Assert Failure - mscorlib recurive resource lookup bug - Similar Threads - Desktop Applications Assert

2. Hitman3.exe-Assert Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hitman3.exe-Assert Failure: HelloI recently re-downloaded Hitman 3 from my Epic platform to continue the game, but every time I open the game, it pops up a window saying "Hitman 3-Assert Failure". I verified the integrity of the game and made sure the library was complete and up to date. I have taken a...
  3. Hitman3.exe-Assert Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hitman3.exe-Assert Failure: HelloI recently re-downloaded Hitman 3 from my Epic platform to continue the game, but every time I open the game, it pops up a window saying "Hitman 3-Assert Failure". I verified the integrity of the game and made sure the library was complete and up to date. I have taken a...
  4. PowerShell Assert failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell Assert failure: Can someone tell me what is this error? I get this error randomly, doesn't seem to interrupt whatever I'm doing then so I don't know what is causing it. Any kind of help regarding what is it and how to solve it is highly appreciated....
  5. PowerShell Assert failure

PowerShell Assert failure: Can someone tell me what is this error? I get this error randomly, doesn't seem to interrupt whatever I'm doing then so I don't know what is causing it. Any kind of help regarding what is it and how to solve it is highly appreciated....
  6. Xemu Assertion Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xemu Assertion Failure: I was playing on my original Xbox emulator earlier today and it was working fine. Now this stupid Runtime error is coming up whenever I boot it up and it doesn't leave me alone. Is there a way that I can get rid of this stupid error in the best possible way? I even tried...
  7. Xemu Assertion Failure

Xemu Assertion Failure: I was playing on my original Xbox emulator earlier today and it was working fine. Now this stupid Runtime error is coming up whenever I boot it up and it doesn't leave me alone. Is there a way that I can get rid of this stupid error in the best possible way? I even tried...
  8. Assert Failure encountered

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Assert Failure encountered: Hello, I ran into this problem when launching the SecureDownloadManager app. Could you please show me how to fix it? Thank you very much![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/assert-failure-encountered/e59516c8-1ac7-4a40-9a76-60ad8f01a696
  9. assertion failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    assertion failure: My assertion failure has to do with Byte Fence Scan. I don't use this product but it repeatedly pops up asking me to scan. I usually just close it. I don't know how to eliminate it. Can I eliminate it and would it solve this problem?...
  10. Assert Failure - mscorlib recursive resource lookup bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Assert Failure - mscorlib recursive resource lookup bug: I opened Twitch launcher a couple of days ago and was greeted with this error message: https://i.imgur.com/AlKFgsr.png https://i.imgur.com/Q1lF1K2.png https://i.imgur.com/AM01GuY.png It had been working fine the night before and can't think of anything that has changed to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. assert failure windows 10

2. mscorlib recursive resource lookup bug

3. assert failure

4. c# mscorlib Assert failure,
  5. mscorelib recursive resource lookup bug