Windows 10: Desktop applications disappeared

Discus and support Desktop applications disappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Updated yesterday. Now open applications disappear when I move to another. No open windows visible except for the one I am currently using. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TravisBarkercsan, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Desktop applications disappeared

Updated yesterday. Now open applications disappear when I move to another. No open windows visible except for the one I am currently using. I can access again thru the start menu, but this does not solve the issue of the open applications hiding/disappearing. No longer able to even click on the toolbar 'icon' for an open app. Suggestions for how to fix this? I didn't change any settings.

:)

TravisBarkercsan, Mar 1, 2019

2. Desktop Disappeared After Windows 10 Update

After upgrading to windows 10, my desktop completely disappeared, sometimes it will flash for a micro second. The Desktop folder is still in my folder list and I can access it that way but prefer to have access to my desktop. I saw the other thread where
    it suggested a clean boot, but this did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica23Q, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Introducing Windows Desktop Program for Desktop Application Analytics

Source: Introducing the Windows Desktop Program for Desktop Application Analytics - Windows Developer Blog

Brink, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Rule-R Win User

Desktop applications disappeared

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Desktop applications disappeared

1. Desktop applications disappeared - Similar Threads - Desktop applications disappeared

2. The application icon on the desktop disappears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application icon on the desktop disappears.: ,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-icon-on-the-desktop-disappears/a3c0c3ce-96a5-4d6b-91f2-01daa84dc1fe
  3. The application icon on the desktop disappears.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application icon on the desktop disappears.: ,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-icon-on-the-desktop-disappears/a3c0c3ce-96a5-4d6b-91f2-01daa84dc1fe
  4. The application icon on the desktop disappears.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Applications/Icons Disappeared From Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Applications/Icons Disappeared From Desktop: Hi - So recently I logged into my computer and half of my desktop was empty. All of the folders, images, text files, etc. were gone and I am not sure how to get them back. I ran a virus check to see if that was the issue, but that was not the case. I also checked my...
  6. Desktop disappeared??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop disappeared??: So I was just using my desktop and then my doc files and folders all stopped opening for some reason so I was like let me restart, I restart and boom all my folders, docs, txt files all gone! I freak out but I read somewhere that if you go to users and go to desktop you will...
  7. Desktop Disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Disappeared: my laptop is running Windows 10. I opened it one day and saw that my desktop had disappeared. In it's place was the Windows screen showing all my apps. When I right clicked and chose desktop, it was blank. No shortcuts whatsoever . I read some articles and checked my tablet...
  8. Desktop Disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Disappeared: While using Outlook, Word, Acrobat, and working on the web, as usual, I happened to notice that my Desktop was gone. Outlook was working fine, as was Word, Acrobat, and there were no issues with Chrome either. So I closed all the apps I was using and there it was - a totally...
  9. Desktop disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop disappearing: Running Windows 10 on a Dell Venue 8 pro Tablet. Several months ago, and just yesterday I lost my desktop. Turned on the Tablet went to the desktop picture after signing in and ... nothing. No live panels, no desktop icons, the action center would not appear. Just the desktop...
  10. Desktop disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop disappeared: I have been using Windows 10 for some time now. I just lost everything on my desktop. I had numerous folders,pictures, pdfs and some music. I can still get to it by going to file manager etc. But the folders and icons do not appear on the desktop. Only those boxes with...