Windows 10: Desktop applications not having icons, just text.

Discus and support Desktop applications not having icons, just text. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday, I log on to my pc like normal, and see that all my applications have no icons. Just wording for it. They all function properly. Properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Galaxy_jpg, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Desktop applications not having icons, just text.

Yesterday, I log on to my pc like normal, and see that all my applications have no icons. Just wording for it. They all function properly. Properties will not open on any of the application on desktop. Icons will show on the start menu, but not on file explore. Some icons on my taskbar also don't have there normal icons, they just have the windows default icons.

Below is what my desktop looks like, I have TranslucentTB installed for the task bar. So, there should be no worries on that. If you can offer anything, it will be appreciated.

Desktop applications not having icons, just text. 3150c81b-36d0-475e-b034-7a698fb92580?upload=true.png

:)

Galaxy_jpg, Nov 23, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Missing Desktop Icon Text

Not sure what happen here. I have scanned this rig with Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, Combofix, SmitfraudFix, Spyware Doctor, Spyware Terminator and have found nothing.

ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

as you can see in the pic, the icons are there but the text is missing. I can click on some of the icons, but other ones I click and nothing happens. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks...

Morrison5891, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Desktop applications not having icons, just text.

Desktop icons

Hi Cruz,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to resize only the Desktop items. However, you may customize the display to make the icons bigger or change the text size.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Settings and click on System.

• Under Display, you can customize the options according to your use.

If you need to increase the Desktop icon text size, you may follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control panel.

• Click on Appearance and Personalization.

• Click on Display and change the settings for the icon text size.

Let us know the results. If you are still facing the issue, we’re here to help.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Desktop applications not having icons, just text.

1. Desktop applications not having icons, just text. - Similar Threads - Desktop applications having

2. No icons just text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No icons just text: also control panel doesn't work at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-icons-just-text/ccc89413-8600-4e50-8a23-af022bafe2d3
  3. No icons just text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No icons just text: also control panel doesn't work at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-icons-just-text/ccc89413-8600-4e50-8a23-af022bafe2d3
  4. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  5. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  6. No icons, just text

in Windows 10 Customization
    No icons, just text: Hi, all the icons on my desktop vanished. There is only text left. Same goes for the file explorer. I tried multiple things but nothing worked. Can anybody help`[ATTACH]...
  7. Desktop Icon and Folder Text

Desktop Icon and Folder Text: Can someone direct me to where I can change the font color of icons and folders appearing on recently acquired HP Envy X360 Laptop running Windows 10? Default seems to be white text which is not legible on light blue background. Need to change either the text color or the...
  8. Desktop Icon text color

Desktop Icon text color: How do you change the windows 10 desktop icons text color? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-text-color/afb02ab9-ff54-4ecc-86c0-f9b4ce215329
  9. NO text on desktop icons & small text on google

NO text on desktop icons & small text on google: hello community! i'v just logged n to my laptop and my desktop icons have no text, i cant type in cmd, taskbar options are blank. i'm quite upset because i don't know how to fix it because everything is blank and and i dont know what to to! please im urging sombody,...
  10. Desktop icon text color

Desktop icon text color: The default color for my desktop icons is a white font, which is hard for me to see. I can't seem to find a way to change either the color, size, or bold of the text beneath the icon...