Windows 10: Desktop & Apps keep Refreshing, CPU usage going crazy

Discus and support Desktop & Apps keep Refreshing, CPU usage going crazy in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, for about 2 weeks I my Windows 10 has been having the following issue: The desktop disappears and reappears frequently as if it were reloading.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SoloAzume, Apr 22, 2021.

1. SoloAzume Win User

Desktop & Apps keep Refreshing, CPU usage going crazy

Hi, for about 2 weeks I my Windows 10 has been having the following issue:

• The desktop disappears and reappears frequently as if it were reloading. This causes any Windows File Explorer windows open to freeze up temporarily.
    • It also rapidly refreshes any App I have open and selected
      • For example: if I have Chrome open, it will refresh the page over and over in rapid succession- making watching videos or reading web pages impossible because the pages keep reloading.
    • While this is happening, I checked my Task Manager and it will show the CPU usage in both the Processes and Performance tabs going insane. The number rapidly changing - 15%-28%-98%-34%- like this.

Nothing I am doing in particular seems to cause the issue to happen; it doesn't matter what programs I have running, or how long I run them. It happens randomly, then stops randomly, so re-creating the issue at my will is difficult.

I have tried the following to remedy the issue, with no success:

• Running Anti-virus scans multiple times
    • I followed the instructions here to use the CMD to enter the following commands as per instructed:
      • sfc /scannow
      • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

This found & fixed some corrupted system files, but did not fix the issue

• Searching for solutions to similar issues

Even as I am trying to type this message, my browser keeps trying to refresh the tab I am typing in.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

SoloAzume, Apr 22, 2021

2. Devices and Printers - Crazy CPU usage

Hi Community,

I'm experiencing crazy cpu usage when accesing Devices and Printers. I've tried clearing my printer spool, stopping it and going into Systems 32 and clearing ths Spool however there is nothing there.

I've updated my printer drivers, then I unintalled my printer all together.

I turned off my bluetooth and removed all my bluetooth devices.

I went into services.msc and turned my bluetooth from manual to automatic and then tried to access my Printer and Devices and still get 100% usage on my CPU.

Help!!!

I'm not sure what else to try and I can't find a solution online.

Thanking you all in advance

Juan Mendoza

JuanMendozaXP, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Desktop & Apps keep Refreshing, CPU usage going crazy

Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest checking the Task Manager again to see what are the
    applications that have high CPU usage. To do this, follow the same steps you did from the previous reply:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

However, based on your response above, it seems that you may need to create a new user account again and just install your apps manually instead of copying them as your
    previous user account might be corrupted.

Once your done with the steps, please let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Desktop & Apps keep Refreshing, CPU usage going crazy

1. Desktop & Apps keep Refreshing, CPU usage going crazy - Similar Threads - Desktop Apps keep

2. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  3. Desktop keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop keeps refreshing: My windows 11 desktop keeps refreshing too many times after I boot on my laptop, how do I rectify that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-keeps-refreshing/bee86e99-a990-44ec-bf1e-19ac555effdf
  4. Desktop keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop keeps refreshing: My windows 11 desktop keeps refreshing too many times after I boot on my laptop, how do I rectify that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-keeps-refreshing/bee86e99-a990-44ec-bf1e-19ac555effdf
  5. Desktop icons go crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons go crazy: Hi everyone, I am really tired of reinstalling windows every time. Can anyone help me with yet another problem? I was increasing the font size from the accessibility options. The desktop icons are now all on top of each other in the center of the top screen and cannot be...
  6. Apps keep on refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps keep on refreshing: GreetingsRecently my windows 10 computer has ran into some issues.From every 10 seconds to every 5 minutes, my computer screen goes black and refreshes as if you were to press control + rI have already tried the following fixes, none of which have succeded:Re installing my...
  7. Desktop Keeps Refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Keeps Refreshing: Hello whenever i open a folder my dekstop / taskbar refreshes.Any ways to fix this ? It's clean install Windows 10 2004version Things I've tried but to no avail SFC / Dism / Chkdsk Disabling Windows Error Reporting service (some article said it was causing this) Disabling...
  8. Windows Defender going crazy at my CPU usage after clean install

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender going crazy at my CPU usage after clean install: After clean install of windows on my laptop Lenovo Legion Y540 with an i7 9750H when I open random programs my cpu goes to 100% and my fans go up to max rpm and I cant do anything for 5 solid minutes on task manager says its Antimalware Service Executable I tried to stop it...
  9. Crazy CPU usage - help please!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crazy CPU usage - help please!: Hello all, I just bought a refurbished acer aspire laptop, 8gb ram running Windows 10 64b. It sits idle at below 10% - but if I even move the cursor, nevermind opening an app, it shoots up to 70 - 100%. Obviously this makes it almost unusable. Any suggestions as to why this...
  10. Taskbar and Desktop Keeps Refreshing and Explorer.exp High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and Desktop Keeps Refreshing and Explorer.exp High CPU Usage: I was looking for a solution to this issue all over. Spent 8 hours on this and finally got the issue resolved. The issue is the desktop and task bar keep refreshing every few seconds and in Task manager the CPU is 60-90 % used by file Explorer. Tried the suggestions...