Windows 10: Desktop apps to see computer usage for cosmetics purpose

Discus and support Desktop apps to see computer usage for cosmetics purpose in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any apps that can make my desktop look better that displays pc resources live submitted by /u/Summerstone [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Summerstone, May 25, 2023.

1. Desktop apps to see computer usage for cosmetics purpose

Any apps that can make my desktop look better that displays pc resources live

submitted by /u/Summerstone
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Summerstone, May 25, 2023

2. slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 25, 2023
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, May 25, 2023
  4. hdmi Win User

Desktop apps to see computer usage for cosmetics purpose

Firefox. Copy select folders from desktop to laptop

1. Backup your bookmarks
    2. Delete all the bookmark folders that you do NOT want to be exported to the other computer (in the Library window, you can use the Del key for this purpose)
    3. Export your bookmarks to HTML
    4. Restore your backup from Step 1
    5. On the other computer, import from the HTML file from Step 3
    6. Done.

Thema:

Desktop apps to see computer usage for cosmetics purpose

1. Desktop apps to see computer usage for cosmetics purpose - Similar Threads - Desktop apps computer

2. "For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen: Previously tried all known online help tool tips for resolving the screen desktop which appears to show words of build character and phrase "for testing purposes only" and the words still appear on the screen. I disabled my secure boot and ran both commands to which the fix...
  3. "For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen: Previously tried all known online help tool tips for resolving the screen desktop which appears to show words of build character and phrase "for testing purposes only" and the words still appear on the screen. I disabled my secure boot and ran both commands to which the fix...
  4. "For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Was the OS change cosmetic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Was the OS change cosmetic?: All OS changes appear cosmetic: a different look and different locations for OS functions. I don't use the OS except to run applications. I don't care about the operating system, whether it is 10 or 11 etc.. I don't see speed differences, or a visible benefit. Again, I run...
  6. Was the OS change cosmetic?

Was the OS change cosmetic?: All OS changes appear cosmetic: a different look and different locations for OS functions. I don't use the OS except to run applications. I don't care about the operating system, whether it is 10 or 11 etc.. I don't see speed differences, or a visible benefit. Again, I run...
  7. System Apps - List of Purpose

System Apps - List of Purpose: I'm trying to cut down on extraneous programs that are available to our students in our school. Does anyone have a collective list of the System Apps in Windows 10 that explains the purpose for each file? I'm using Win10 Pro 2004 158524
  8. Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar: Recently I've noticed that my taskbar and desktop have been having some issues when I minimize a program or change to another program, sometimes the desktop icons will flicker and sometimes the gray box on the icons on the taskbar will stay as they are. These problems go away...
  9. win10 cosmetic problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 cosmetic problems: Hello! I just bought a brand new laptop and installed win10. I had problems with updating but i fixed them. Now im using the latest update. There are 2 small problems which are annoying for me: 1. When i enter display settings by right clicking on desktop sometimes but not...
  10. Apps can't see files on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps can't see files on desktop: So, this started about two or three weeks ago, but I haven't really had time to check into it. It's very annoying. Apps (all that I have tried recently) don't see files I have on the desktop, if I need to browse to them. Example: I scan a sheet and save as a .pdf (or...