Windows 10: Desktop Audio: Old 5.1 Home Theater System vs. New Powers Speakers

Discus and support Desktop Audio: Old 5.1 Home Theater System vs. New Powers Speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've finally decided that I'm going to keep my old Sony STR-K850P in service. It's a smallish unit, does way more than it needs to and only has about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by loaba, Feb 3, 2016.

1. loaba Win User

Desktop Audio: Old 5.1 Home Theater System vs. New Powers Speakers

I've finally decided that I'm going to keep my old Sony STR-K850P in service. It's a smallish unit, does way more than it needs to and only has about 100 watts power. I'm pretty sure that performance stacks up with better computer-specific speakers. I'll get back to 5.1 at some point and it'll do that too.

So what I'm gonna end up doing is replacing all the stock speakers that came with the Sony. I've heard good things about the Micca mb42x bookshelf speaker. They're 80 bucks a pair and the matching center is about another 50. I'll just part it out and replace 'em 2 at a time

loaba, Feb 7, 2016
  2. jds63 Win User

Wondering if this option will work for you as it is only one i see possible for 5.1, Stereo or even 3.1 setup. Because optical input you have not sure will work well. Do not know how you used it before.

This would be using correct 3.5mm to Composite jacks listed before in a pic, need a couple of them.
    Connecting each 3.5 mm to composite split here and to the integrated Sound card.

Desktop Audio: Old 5.1 Home Theater System vs. New Powers Speakers [​IMG]

Then connect your speakers here

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Audio: Old 5.1 Home Theater System vs. New Powers Speakers

1. Desktop Audio: Old 5.1 Home Theater System vs. New Powers Speakers - Similar Threads - Desktop Audio Old

2. No audio from speakers. New windows 11 desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio from speakers. New windows 11 desktop.: No audio new windows 11 desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-from-speakers-new-windows-11-desktop/32bb7209-05c7-4c44-a85f-94f52091de9a
  3. No audio from speakers. New windows 11 desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio from speakers. New windows 11 desktop.: No audio new windows 11 desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-from-speakers-new-windows-11-desktop/32bb7209-05c7-4c44-a85f-94f52091de9a
  4. Task Manager (NEW vs. OLD)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager (NEW vs. OLD): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Default_Cube4646 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jkw57n/task_manager_new_vs_old/
  5. BLUETOOTH Audio transmission to 5.1 home theater is not fluent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BLUETOOTH Audio transmission to 5.1 home theater is not fluent: As I said above, When I connect my HP Laptop having Window-10 to the home theater, Audio transmission is not smooth and fluent. Audios gets breaks and run interrupted or have hitches. I have seen this phenomenon just few days back, If same music is heard on cabled head...
  6. Dolby home theater problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dolby home theater problem: Hi! first post here, I instaled the dolby home theater by disabling driver signature, installed successfuly but when I want to play apex legends it says that I need to activate the driver signature again. So, my question here is, If I turn on the driver signature again, the...
  7. Audio lag with speakers new desktop setup

Audio lag with speakers new desktop setup: Hi, I recently bought a new desktop and the monitor did not have sound included, thus I am using a bluetooth speaker with it. After setting up windows 10 today I have noticed a considerable lag with the bluetooth speaker. I have seen several forum posts about this but none...
  8. Dolby Atmos for Home Theater

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Atmos for Home Theater: So I just had a very nice converastion with one of the MS Support guys _again_ Whats the problem? Well as the Title says: Dolby Atmos for Home Theater... I am testing a fresh Install of Version 1909 for the third week now. The MSHD Audio drivers were the only way to get...
  9. 3dBuilder New vs Old

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3dBuilder New vs Old: Hi, I've been using 3dbuilder that came in Windows 10 pro for a couple years. I had a hard drive die and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on the new drive and 3dbuilder wasn't there and I was directed to the store. The problem is the version is entirely different i.e. no menus...
  10. Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict

Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict: Hey guys, first time posting here so if I'm in the wrong category, I'll make the appropriate switch. Anyways, so I'm running Windows 10 and have Realtek Audio manager installed. I've had no issues so far, until I recently purchased a headset for gaming. My issue is either...