Windows 10: Desktop audio registers in OBS but no HDMI or Line In

Discus and support Desktop audio registers in OBS but no HDMI or Line In in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have an HP All-in-One running Windows 10. We have added OBS software and a PTZ camera connected via HDMI to USB 3.0 card. Audio from the HDMI source... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BensbergAV, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Desktop audio registers in OBS but no HDMI or Line In

We have an HP All-in-One running Windows 10. We have added OBS software and a PTZ camera connected via HDMI to USB 3.0 card. Audio from the HDMI source is not detected. When connecting an audio source directly to the line in at the computer, it is also not detected. The desktop audio system sounds, is detected. When I say detected, I mean registering on the meters in OBS and streamed or recorded.

:)

BensbergAV, Jan 29, 2020

2. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Jan 29, 2020
  3. How does audio in OBS Studio work?

Recently i've downloaded OBS Studio to attempt to figure it out. What i've noticed is it takes my desktop sound but doesn't play it through my headphones. It will register that sound is playing, but I can't hear anything. Once I close OBS, the sound is fine. I use Sony Bluetooth headphones model MDR-ZX770BN, and use stereo instead of hands-free. Is there any particular reason OBS Studio does this, and is there a way to hear the deskstop audio while OBS is open?

Snek_Dkles, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Desktop audio registers in OBS but no HDMI or Line In

HDMI audio

If the Digital Output Device or HDMI is not an option under the Playback tab. You can run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search or Cortana.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Playing Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Desktop audio registers in OBS but no HDMI or Line In

1. Desktop audio registers in OBS but no HDMI or Line In - Similar Threads - Desktop audio registers

2. Audio Interference Issue with Streamlabs OBS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Interference Issue with Streamlabs OBS: I have a specific situation; I just formatted my PC with Windows 11. My input device, a headset connected to the 3.5mm jack, is recognized, and I can hear through it. However, when detecting the microphone, it recognizes it too low, at most 2% of the total volume according to...
  3. no audio hdmi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no audio hdmi: 2 monitors and 1 tv connected. the TV does not show up in audio devices and does not give any sound. the TV is extended as the 3rd screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-hdmi/62326217-4260-41bd-bf80-ae121c619ac0
  4. HDMI audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI audio: This is complicated. I use my PC for music-making, and for entertainment. For the former I've got a Saffire firewire interface that connects to the amplifier via optical s/pdif. For the latter I use the motherboard's Realtek audio, also connected by an optical s/pdif. I am...
  5. HDMI audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI audio: This is complicated. I use my PC for music-making, and for entertainment. For the former I've got a Saffire firewire interface that connects to the amplifier via optical s/pdif. For the latter I use the motherboard's Realtek audio, also connected by an optical s/pdif. I am...
  6. Audio on streamlabs OBS sounds staticky.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio on streamlabs OBS sounds staticky.: When I record with streamlabs obs and go to look at the vido the audio in the video is staticky for some reason. I never had this problem before when using streamlabs tho. I tried reinstalling streamlabs and deleting catch in streamlabs but it didnt work. Even when I mute my...
  7. HDMI and audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI and audio: Hi So i decided i wanted to watch a long video from my laptop to my tv so i connected the hdmi cable into my laptop like i always do but when i pressed play no audio came out of the tv so looked up on this and apparently i have to switch my default settings to the tv...
  8. HDMI audio

HDMI audio: Trying to watch and hear Netflix on TV but no sound on TV only computer. Only have speakers as options in control panel, no HDMI option. Any suggestions? 44211
  9. HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio

HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio: Hi there Brilliant little device for passing HDMI (less HDCP !!) plus RCA L, R Audio and 5.1 Optical Audio (SPDIF). Switchable audio pass thru,, 2Ch, 5.1 ch. (Max HDMI input is 1080p so won't work for your 4K huge TV's though) - still an excellent little device for those...
  10. hdmi audio

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    hdmi audio: Now i cant get the audio to work i have the realtek audio drivers and the CCC audio drivers. I am using a radeon hd7700 gpu. 12205