Windows 10: Desktop background after reset defaults to a picture I do not want it too

Discus and support Desktop background after reset defaults to a picture I do not want it too in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I recently reset my PC to a fresh version of W10 On the first log in, it managed to pull an old photo as the background (lets say its not one I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drreamscape, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Desktop background after reset defaults to a picture I do not want it too

Hi

I recently reset my PC to a fresh version of W10

On the first log in, it managed to pull an old photo as the background (lets say its not one I want anyone else to see)

I did a full *.jpg search on the entire PC and have no idea where its getting it from

I also searched onedrive and its not there either

It hasn't shown up again doing a normal shutdown and log in, but it needs to be deleted lol!

Thanks

Mark

:)

Drreamscape, Jun 18, 2019

2. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Jun 18, 2019
  4. schadbou Win User

Desktop background after reset defaults to a picture I do not want it too

Desktop Background Picture resets on restart to unsaved theme

Steps I take on new Windows 10 machine that only has Office 365 E3 installed (All four of the last machines I've set up have same issue, new HP Probooks).

1. Right click desktop, choose personalize

2. Choose Picture from Background dropdown

3. Browse to Pictures and choose picture for background

4. Click Themes on Settings page, then Theme settings

5. Save newly created picture theme under "My Themes"

6. Check to make sure it shows on Desktop Background.

7. Restart machine.

Desktop background after reset defaults to a picture I do not want it too 086fa997-3e32-4909-a513-9700ef3a2bf7?upload=true.png

On restart the Background is solid color black again and in My Themes there is a newly created unsaved theme. Every. Time. It doesn't matter if I choose a default picture that came with the machine or one of my own. The Theme and Background will always
    reset on restart.

I even just tested this trying to use a Window Default Theme. That one won't stick either on restart. It continues to go back to an Unsaved Theme with solid black background.

schadbou, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Desktop background after reset defaults to a picture I do not want it too

1. Desktop background after reset defaults to a picture I do not want it too - Similar Threads - Desktop background reset

2. Desktop Background Picture resets on restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Background Picture resets on restart: Sync setting disabled. Windows 11 issue. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-picture-resets-on-restart/75cbc77f-93e6-44d0-87c2-3996ef356a26
  3. Desktop Background Picture resets on restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Background Picture resets on restart: Sync setting disabled. Windows 11 issue. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-picture-resets-on-restart/75cbc77f-93e6-44d0-87c2-3996ef356a26
  4. Default User Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default User Desktop Background: One important thing for us to include in our Windows 10 clone/image is we want to set the wallpaper to a particular .jpg file to be used as the initial desktop background when new users log in. We do not want to use a policy GPO setting because we want the user to have the...
  5. Desktop Background Picture is Hazy

Desktop Background Picture is Hazy: All of a sudden my desktop background looks hazy and washed out. When I click on the program dialogue box the picture and color look fine. What is going on?...
  6. Desktop background picture.

Desktop background picture.: I clicked on a picture to make it the desktop background… which it did, but there is a large "over-scan", so the edges of the pic are missing. How do I shrink the displayed background to show the whole picture? Thanks for all replies....
  7. Desktop Background Picture problem

Desktop Background Picture problem: Though I can't be sure, it appears that something in the last update, or the one before the last, has changed my desktop background picture. It used to be extremely clear and crisp, and now it is very hazy and washed out. Could it have something to do with the custom...
  8. Desktop background Picture

Desktop background Picture: I use Windows 10 I would like to cancel/delete the background picture which I can see on my PC desktop. This picture added by mistake. Please comment. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-picture/68307af9-f96d-4cc4-8c2d-2f799e00e6f6
  9. Desktop Background Picture

Desktop Background Picture: Can anyone tell me why my Desktop Background Picture keeps reverting to the previously selected one every 2-3 days and how to cure it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-picture/a606adc4-b343-4184-9dcc-ffe3d1ecb682
  10. Stop using default pictures in WIN10 desktop background slideshow

Stop using default pictures in WIN10 desktop background slideshow: Hi, I want to create desktop background slideshow from selected (and only selected) directory of my pictures. This was easy (something like settings -> motifs theme -> slideshow -> select source). However with the selected directory of about 5 pictures, the windows...