Windows 10: Desktop background and lock screen changes with an image I do not know of

Discus and support Desktop background and lock screen changes with an image I do not know of in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My desktop background isn't set to slideshow, but for some reason it changes my preferred background to the the image below. My lock screen is set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CouchPotato1446, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Desktop background and lock screen changes with an image I do not know of

My desktop background isn't set to slideshow, but for some reason it changes my preferred background to the the image below. My lock screen is set to the same picture as well despite me setting it before to Windows Spotlight slideshow. I've actually experienced this issue twice or thrice before and shrugged it off at first by simply changing back my previous Personalization settings, but for some time it changes back to that same image. I noticed that it usually happens after a recent Windows update, if ever that proves to be relevant.

Desktop background and lock screen changes with an image I do not know of e18e6022-09ff-4c94-bc82-b48c577c281c?upload=true.jpg

That image isn't anywhere to be found in laptop and don't remember downloading it. I tried reverse-searching the image at Google Images but didn't get any useful information aside from references to an artist. I'm concerned it might be tied to some security-related issues so I decided to ask this community for an explanation of this behavior. Any help is very much appreciated.

:)

CouchPotato1446, Jan 12, 2019

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jan 12, 2019
  3. How to change startup lock screen?

Hi Nic,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that Lock screen image is same every time you login.

To change the image in the lock screen follow the steps:

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on personalize.
    • Select lock screen at the left pane.
    • Change the background option as picture from the drop down.
    • Then select the picture you want to save it as lock screen image from the default images or click on browse to select more images saved in your computer.
    Hope this information is helpful, Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Desktop background and lock screen changes with an image I do not know of

Lock screen background keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand your concern about lock screen background, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to personalize the lock screen and check if it helps:

Change your lock screen background:

• Right click on Desktop, click on Personalization, and on
      Lock screen in the left pane.
    • Here, under Background (click on the drop down arrow) you will see
      Windows spotlight, Picture, Slideshow.
    • Select Windows Spotlight, lock the screen (Press Windows key + L) and check if it helps.
    • Also, you can select Picture, Choose your picture, lock the screen and check if the issue persists.

For more information refer: Personalize your lock screen

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Desktop background and lock screen changes with an image I do not know of

1. Desktop background and lock screen changes with an image I do not know of - Similar Threads - Desktop background lock

2. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  3. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  4. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  6. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  7. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I change the Login Screen background image?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the Login Screen background image?: This used to work prior to the latest 1903 update. How can I change the Login Screen background image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-login-screen-background-image/8d4b052b-ccf0-465c-94bd-ba483aee9ded
  9. Windows lock screen background images

Windows lock screen background images: Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it...
  10. Background info on lock screen images?

Background info on lock screen images?: I typically like the lock screens that Windows 10 shows very much. Already several times I was wondering how to get more background info on the picture shown, specifically: where was that picture taken? Or like today: what village does it show? It's beautiful and I'ld...