Windows 10: Desktop background and slidshow of a photo file, when timed out the system went to...

Discus and support Desktop background and slidshow of a photo file, when timed out the system went to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; going to setting>personalizing>background>slideshow (added a folder) no longer shows..Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KENNCONN, Mar 6, 2019.

1. KENNCONN Win User

Desktop background and slidshow of a photo file, when timed out the system went to...

going to setting>personalizing>background>slideshow (added a folder) no longer shows..Why?

:)

KENNCONN, Mar 6, 2019

2. After installing the updates, desktop background pictures dissapeared.

Hi Lucky,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

This type of issue might occur because of some missing, corrupt or damaged files in your system.

Initially, I suggest you to try the below method and later you can try to set the desktop background and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

Method 2: DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Now, follow the below steps to set desktop background.

• Right click on your desktop background and click on Personalize.
    • Click on Background list box and select pictures.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Image file name and location info displayable when Pictures/photos used as desktop Background

I have a suggestion for desktop Background personalization:

Here's the situation:

• I personalize my Windows 10 desktop so that a Slideshow displays my photo album photos on the Background, which cover a 20 year span of photos. I LOVE THIS FEATURE! Whenever an especially nice, nostalgic photo displays, I have this urge
      to go search/find it in my massive album set, maybe to find out when and where
      it was taken, or to study it closer, or perhaps get it printed out, or share it with friends and loved ones.
    • The PROBLEM: There is no way to look at the displayed photo on the desktop background and determine where it exists in the computer hard drive, i.e. drive path and filename. So I'm left to basically guess at it, and go combing through folders and folders
      of photos--this can take a lonnnnng time. Many times I just don't have the time to do that.
    • The RECOMMENDATION SOLUTION : Display a super-imposed drive path and filename in a corner of the displayed photo. At least then, someone could eyeball the path and filename, write it down, then go find it quickly. Or better yet, if the super-imposed info
      was actually a shortcut to the file being displayed, that would be optimum. And, since some users may not want this behavior, make it an optional setting within the Personalization settings for Background --> Slideshow.
    That's it.

Thanks, George

VaGeorgeInDE, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Misiowiec Win User

Desktop background and slidshow of a photo file, when timed out the system went to...

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop background and slidshow of a photo file, when timed out the system went to... - Similar Threads - Desktop background slidshow

2. background photo on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    background photo on my desktop: For months I have noticed this background photo on my desktop... its a picture of a sister of mine who has passed away about 3 months ago... I would definately like for this photo to be removed,,, would be very thankful for advice to remove it!...
  3. Desktop Backgrounds Change One At A Time

Desktop Backgrounds Change One At A Time: When using the Slideshow background for multiple displays, Windows should change all backgrounds for the monitors. I'm using a triple display with an individual background on each.Instead of changing every background at once, Windows has decided to cycle each monitor. Using...
  4. Edit out photo background

in Windows 10 Support
    Edit out photo background: Newbie, here...How can I remove the background from a photo using FREE or on-line tools? Win 10 v 10.0.19041 172366
  5. All files missing from desktop and desktop background changed when I boot, logged out of...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All files missing from desktop and desktop background changed when I boot, logged out of...: When I booted my pc today my background was default my desktop was missing and filled with random apps and i was logged out of all accounts. All my files are still on my ssd and hdd but all the folders like downloads desktop etc. are empty....
  6. Photos app timing out when double-clicking on photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app timing out when double-clicking on photos: I have my default photo viewer app set to Photos which I believe is the default. Over the last few weeks I often have the problem that I can't double-click on JPG's in File Explorer to open them. The JPGs can be on local hard drives, USB sticks or network drives. When I...
  7. Photos went to desktop then got deleted

Photos went to desktop then got deleted: I was on my desktop when the photos went all over my screen but then they all got deleted. Is there a way to get them back. I checked the recycling bin and its not there. Please help they have old family photos....
  8. My desktop files went missing

My desktop files went missing: Okay. So I logged in today and my desktop was like a brand new desktop. All the wallpapers were gone. And same goes with my folders. I lost some files. Then I went here and saw this help link....
  9. slidshow background

slidshow background: When I choose the slideshow option for my background, I see no pictures in the folders I choose when there should be hundreds. When I choose the single picture option, all the pictures in the same folders are there. It worked until about a month ago. Was there a setting that...
  10. Desktop background wallpaper not changing when time is set to 10 minutes

Desktop background wallpaper not changing when time is set to 10 minutes: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. (v1809 build 17763.465). Recently I noticed that if the wallpaper change time is set to 10 minutes then wallpapers don't change automatically. When I change the time to for example 1 minute, then it works as expected. I have formatted my...