Windows 10: Desktop background changing without my authorization?

Discus and support Desktop background changing without my authorization? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m running a virus scan but haven’t found anything. The other day it happened and changed to the main windows theme. Figured it was just a fluke and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theeverymaam, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Desktop background changing without my authorization?

I’m running a virus scan but haven’t found anything. The other day it happened and changed to the main windows theme. Figured it was just a fluke and changed it back. This morning I turned it on and the image was switched to a Star Wars background. As well, my task bar is suddenly tinted red for my open apps. Virus scan found nothing and one runs every day. I just did another one as well and nothing came back. Checked google and didn’t see anything as far as an event doing this (thought it might be some weird update). Anyone else experience this or do I need to wipe my computer (not sure the technical term but when you completely uninstall and reinstall everything)?

submitted by /u/theeverymaam
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theeverymaam, Sep 22, 2020

2. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Desktop background changing without my authorization?

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Desktop background changing without my authorization?

1. Desktop background changing without my authorization? - Similar Threads - Desktop background changing

2. Why is my background picture changing without my will?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my background picture changing without my will?: I have tried setting as background another picture from the personalization menu. I selected picture and then I set the one I wanted. Bc it was in the wrong orientation, I rotated the picture and chose it again with the new orientation as a background for my Desktop in...
  3. Why is my background picture changing without my will?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my background picture changing without my will?: I have tried setting as background another picture from the personalization menu. I selected picture and then I set the one I wanted. Bc it was in the wrong orientation, I rotated the picture and chose it again with the new orientation as a background for my Desktop in...
  4. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  5. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  6. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop background changed to red

Desktop background changed to red: I just booted up my Windows 10 PC and logged in. But when I logged in, the desktop background changed to red, but the Lock Screen background was as normal. Everything worked fine, but the desktop background turned red.I tried:Restarting the PCResetting the background to a...
  8. Change Desktop Background

Change Desktop Background: I want to change the Desktop Background, I want to put a picture of my granddaughter that I have on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-desktop-background/26184aba-aed7-4f05-ac92-8ace3ba1f30c
  9. Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.: can't quite figure out what's going on here... - had three windows 10 pcs networked at my business location (miles from home), all with different desktop backgrounds, all with slightly different configurations. - one of the three pcs was purchased for home use, it was just...
  10. Can't change my desktop background

Can't change my desktop background: This is complicated. My colleague has pranked me at work, by somehow fixing my desktop background so that I can't change it. *Sad I'm running W10 32bit home edition. I've tried gpedit.msc - not available on home version. I've managed to change it to a solid...