Windows 10: Desktop Background Gone after update

Discus and support Desktop Background Gone after update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The desktop background on my laptop has disappeared after today's major update. I believe it was synced with my Desktop computer. How do I restore it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by doakh, Aug 2, 2019.

1. doakh Win User

Desktop Background Gone after update

The desktop background on my laptop has disappeared after today's major update. I believe it was synced with my Desktop computer. How do I restore it? Do I have to do a system restore, which would be ridiculous.

Windows 10 Pro
    Version: 1903
    OS Build: 18362.267

thanks

:)

doakh, Aug 2, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Aug 2, 2019
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Aug 2, 2019
  4. Desktop Background Gone after update

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 2, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Background Gone after update

1. Desktop Background Gone after update - Similar Threads - Desktop Background Gone

2. Daily updated desktop background is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily updated desktop background is gone: After my most recent Windows 11 update a few days ago, my daily updated desktop background disappeared and was replaced with a black screen. If I go to display settings, there are options to change the screen with a solid color or fixed image, but not with a daily updated...
  3. Daily updated desktop background is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Daily updated desktop background is gone: After my most recent Windows 11 update a few days ago, my daily updated desktop background disappeared and was replaced with a black screen. If I go to display settings, there are options to change the screen with a solid color or fixed image, but not with a daily updated...
  4. My desktop background and icons have gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop background and icons have gone.: When I boot up my desktop computer. It no longer asks me to click on my account I'm the only user...home computer, it just opens a generic light blue Windows page with faint window logo to the right hand side. All my icons are gone as well as my desktop background. There are...
  5. My desktop background and icons have gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop background and icons have gone.: When I boot up my desktop computer. It no longer asks me to click on my account I'm the only user...home computer, it just opens a generic light blue Windows page with faint window logo to the right hand side. All my icons are gone as well as my desktop background. There are...
  6. Desktop folders gone after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop folders gone after update: Update ran and now my Desktop icons are all gone along with folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders-gone-after-update/591f9a16-1fe3-4ae4-88db-db120c9bc4e6
  7. Red desktop background and all icons are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Red desktop background and all icons are gone: I recently booted up my pc after a while and the background is now red, my icons are gone, and whenever I try to do anything it just loads for a while and then does nothing. submitted by /u/Zuedead115 [link] [comments]...
  8. Desktop Background Gone after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Background Gone after update: The desktop background on my laptop has disappeared after today's major update. I believe it was synced with my Desktop computer. How do I restore it? Do I have to do a system restore, which would be ridiculous. Windows 10 Pro Version: 1903 OS Build: 18362.267 thanks 137744
  9. Background gone (as well as background picture option in personalisation) after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background gone (as well as background picture option in personalisation) after update: I let the computer update while I was asleep, so I don't know if there were issues, but the computer seemed fine when I took a look at it this morning. Except for the fact that my desktop background is gone, it's all black, and the option to choose a picture in...
  10. desktop icons gone after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop icons gone after update: I want to ask why after a update windows 10 home version 1709 build 16.299.785 my icons are gone from the desktop and 1 icon came back on my taskbar, and when I click that all does come back....this is so weird, can you help me to resolve this. thank you...