Windows 10: Desktop Background Group Policy is not applying in Windows 10

Discus and support Desktop Background Group Policy is not applying in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you are trying to apply desktop wallpaper or background using the Local Group […] This article Desktop Background Group Policy is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 14, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Desktop Background Group Policy is not applying in Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Jan Del Win User

regarding background personalize settings

Hi Singh,

The Some setting are managed by your organization message usually appears if there is any changes happened on the Registry Editor or Group policy Editor. We suggest editing the Group Policy by following the steps below:

• Open Group Policy by typing it in the search box.
    • Look for Administrative Templates and click on it.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Prevent changing desktop background and it will open an new window.
    • Select Disable on the choices and click Apply.

Once the changes were made, try to customize your background again.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Desktop Background Group Policy is not applying in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Desktop Background Group

2. Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy Applying To .Local Not .Com: User folder redirection group policy has worked seamlessly for several years. All of the sudden, new users aren’t getting folder redirection.Windows Server 2019. Hybrid with 365. When creating a user, the users are created with the email rather than .local. This is standard....
  3. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy won't apply to Security Group: Dear allI have a problem applying Group Policy when Security filtering is done by Security Group.Policy is couple of year old and it has been working perfectly till some time ago not sure when, I realized I have i problem a month ago.So, under Security filtering I have...
  4. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy won't apply to Security Group: Dear allI have a problem applying Group Policy when Security filtering is done by Security Group.Policy is couple of year old and it has been working perfectly till some time ago not sure when, I realized I have i problem a month ago.So, under Security filtering I have...
  5. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 1903 not applying Group Policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 not applying Group Policy: Is there a reason for Group Policy not applying on a new machine after Windows 10 update 1903 was installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-not-applying-group-policy/9354e93f-a515-439f-aa96-d2989d771872
  7. Is there a group policy to set desktop background to slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a group policy to set desktop background to slideshow: Is there any way, via group policy or registry, to set the background to slideshow and lock it from being changed? 118183
  8. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...
  9. See Applied Group Policies in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Applied Group Policies in Windows 10: How to: See Applied Group Policies in Windows 10 How to See Applied Group Policies in Windows 10 The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user interface through which all the the Computer...
  10. Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10: How to: Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 How to Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 [img] Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user...