Windows 10: Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Kicks In

Discus and support Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Kicks In in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I have only recently converted to W10, and am having a very hard time getting the hang of it. This is kind of a trivial problem, but very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnayaP, Jul 16, 2020.

1. AnayaP Win User

Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Kicks In

Hi all, I have only recently converted to W10, and am having a very hard time getting the hang of it. This is kind of a trivial problem, but very annoying to me, because it's the first thing I see in the morning. I lead a super exciting life, I know.

I have a gorgeous picture as my desktop background. I have "bubbles" as my screensaver. I would like to see the bubbles floating over this picture, but when the screensaver starts the background pic disappears and all I see is the bubbles drifiting over a blue field with a purple square up in the corner. the purple part occupies about a quarter of the screen.

Is there a way to maintain the presence of the picture when the screensaver starts?

FYI, I keep my computer plugged in all the time it's running my media so all my power settings are turned to "never" as in never turn off, never sleep, etc.. It doesn't overheat because it's "suspended" as opposed to sitting on a table and I don't do any overclocking.

Thanks everyone - this is stupidly annoying considering how minor it is. Never encountered anything like this in W7, and I don't even know where to start.

:)

AnayaP, Jul 16, 2020

2. Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Kicks In

Hi, I have been having this issue ever since I updated to Windows 10...

So, I love having a snowy, winter desktop background, and I have the perfect falling-snow screensaver. I used to enjoy a snowy scene with NO problems, at all, before this update.

PROBLEM: When the screensaver kicks in, the beautiful snowflakes fall, but the background disappears completely, and instead of a cool winter scene where it really looks like it's snowing in the
    middle of a beautiful alpine forest, it's just snow falling against a black background.

When I press a key, everything else is normal, I have to enter my password, my snowy forest background image is back and everything, but it's so annoying that I can't have the falling snow against my picture of an evergreen forest covered with snow. I've been
    lightly playing around with settings for what seems like an eternity on a series of sporadic whims to no avail. I've tried to look this up to see if anyone has this same issue, but all I see are people who have problems with their desktop backgrounds disappearing,
    completely, where they have to go and re-add the image. Admittedly, that's a much more annoying problem, LOL! Seriously, though, I have been living with this for months and months, but it's getting closer to Christmas, and it's really starting to bother
    me, now. LOL!

Please, help bring a smile back to my face. I'd appreciate it very much. Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Kicks In :)

Signed: Black Snow Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Kicks In :(

ema.essence, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Kicks In

It sounds like that screensaver may not understand how to draw on top of the desktop background. Have you contacted the maker of that screensaver software?

zachd [MSFT], Jul 16, 2020
  4. Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Kicks In

Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Comes On

Hi, I have been having this issue ever since I updated to Windows 10...

So, I love having a snowy, winter desktop background, and I have the perfect falling-snow screensaver. I used to enjoy a snowy scene with NO problems, at all, before this update.

PROBLEM: When the screensaver kicks in, the beautiful snowflakes fall, but the background disappears completely, and instead of a cool winter scene where it really looks like it's snowing in
    the middle of a beautiful alpine forest, it's just snow falling against a black background.

When I press a key, everything else is normal, I have to enter my password, my snowy forest background image is back and everything, but it's so annoying that I can't have the falling snow against my picture of an evergreen forest covered with snow. I've
    been lightly playing around with settings for what seems like an eternity on a series of sporadic whims to no avail. I've tried to look this up to see if anyone has this same issue, but all I see are people who have problems with their desktop backgrounds
    disappearing, completely, where they have to go and re-add the image. Admittedly, that's a much more annoying problem, LOL! Seriously, though, I have been living with this for months and months, but it's getting closer to Christmas, and it's really starting
    to bother me, now. LOL!

Please, help bring a smile back to my face. I'd appreciate it very much. Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Kicks In :)

Signed: Black Snow Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Kicks In :(

ema.essence, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Kicks In

1. Desktop Background Image Disappears When Screensaver Kicks In - Similar Threads - Desktop Background Image

2. My screensaver wont kick in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screensaver wont kick in: Ok, I bought an OLED monitor, so i want to avoid burn in, so i enabled my screen saver after ages of not using it, since windows xp, but it wont start, if I restart my pc then ill kick in the first time, then it wont work again, i have it set up for 1 minute, i found out that...
  3. My screensaver wont kick in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screensaver wont kick in: Ok, I bought an OLED monitor, so i want to avoid burn in, so i enabled my screen saver after ages of not using it, since windows xp, but it wont start, if I restart my pc then ill kick in the first time, then it wont work again, i have it set up for 1 minute, i found out that...
  4. screensaver background issue

screensaver background issue: I choose one folder as my screensaver background on my laptop. How can I make it smaller? It covers the whole screen but some of them is blurry and hard to enjoy....
  5. Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop: A week ago I installed my new custom built Windows 10 desktop. It arrived with Windows 10 already set up with an administrator Local account and no password. The first thing I did was change the account to signed in with my Microsoft account with a PIN. I changed the "Sync...
  6. DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE

DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE: Can someone please tell me how to change the background image on my desktop - it USED to be on the page where you set your screen saver - but obviously someone wanted to hide it from us old people . -= How do I now find where I can change it - it has picked an image from...
  7. Desktop Background Image

Desktop Background Image: I want to share my current desktop background image. How may I copy and send that image file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-image/3fd31b9c-54e6-41c3-a3e9-add795e419f2
  8. desktop background image will not display

desktop background image will not display: had windows 7. now have windows 10. the start menu shows small version of correct desktop image I have chosen (family picture) but on the desktop it is black background. I can change the desktop image and it will remain black, yet the start menu image WILL change. so why...
  9. Background and/or screensaver

Background and/or screensaver: What happened to the feature where the screen saver was "live" and would automatically change and based on whether you liked it or not it would continue changing along a similar theme? I seem to have lost that feature and now it's the standard choice of about 5 options for a...
  10. Saved image desktop backgrounds

Saved image desktop backgrounds: What is the directory in Windows 10 in which a selected image (after being applied to desktop background) is saved? 15565