Windows 10: Desktop background is not syncing in Windows 10

Discus and support Desktop background is not syncing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HI all I login to one of my laptops. Change desktop background to a locally held picture. I would expect that background to be replicated across to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by grahamej, Sep 21, 2020.

1. grahamej Win User

Desktop background is not syncing in Windows 10

HI all

I login to one of my laptops. Change desktop background to a locally held picture. I would expect that background to be replicated across to my other laptop but it does not do so.

I have tried toggling settings on and off but still does not work.

I did try the suggestions in this post - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-wont-sync/3de68836-d163-475f-b5a7-8493e7c5c552#:~:text=For%20the%20syn%20settings%20to,settings%20on%20Windows%2010%20devices.

Is there anything else I can check?

Any suggestions anybody?

Thanks

:)

grahamej, Sep 21, 2020

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

The thing is I have no spyware; I've done scans with different pieces of software and they all confirm this. The active desktop bit that was removed by Search & Destroy is, I think, a pure Windows thing and I've seen it being listed in Search & Destroy scans on both this and other PCs before.

The thing is that this time I was trying to be clever and pressed "delete" whereas before I just ignored it. I've undone the Active Desktop removal in Search & Destroy and also followed your tips above but it makes no difference - still no desktop background. Any other ideas or do I just wait until the next reformat?

Misiowiec, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop background is not syncing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Desktop background syncing

2. Mail/Outlook app no longer syncs in background = No desktop notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail/Outlook app no longer syncs in background = No desktop notifications: I've been having Mail app notification issues not arriving instantly in the last couple of days. It feels like the Mail app is connecting/disconnecting sporadically, rendering the syncing process unstable it shows me notifications on and off overtime, sometimes I get...
  3. Background App Sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background App Sync: Hello. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home on my Dell Laptop. When I was using Windows 10, there was an option in Settings > Privacy & Security > Background Apps, where we could enable or disable running background apps like Mail, Calendar etc.After upgrading to Windows 11, none of...
  4. Background App Sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background App Sync: Hello. I upgraded to Windows 11 Home on my Dell Laptop. When I was using Windows 10, there was an option in Settings > Privacy & Security > Background Apps, where we could enable or disable running background apps like Mail, Calendar etc.After upgrading to Windows 11, none of...
  5. Windows 10 - Desktop Background Changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Desktop Background Changes: Firstly, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I have tried to find an answer to this but the information available seems to to not provide much help.Microsoft Intune / Endpoint ManagerWithin here I have created my config profiles for my users, the one that i'm...
  6. Desktop background are not sync with in settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background are not sync with in settings.: I set a new background theme and I realized that the picture is not in sync. Say the picture in my settings is B, while the picture on my desktop is A. I'll give pictures so that you can understand it better.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see, my desktop picture is...
  7. Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop

Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop: A week ago I installed my new custom built Windows 10 desktop. It arrived with Windows 10 already set up with an administrator Local account and no password. The first thing I did was change the account to signed in with my Microsoft account with a PIN. I changed the "Sync...
  8. Backgrounds not syncing

Backgrounds not syncing: Hi Everyone, Just got a new HP Envy 360. Setting up Windows, and everything synced up well. Unfortunately while doing some setup bits, the background all of a sudden went back to a standard Windows picture as the background. Checked my syncing settings, and they're all...
  9. Themes not syncing backgrounds

Themes not syncing backgrounds: Hi, I have a theme on my desktop PC which obtains its backgrounds from a folder in My Documents. There are about 300 in there. I have no issues with the theme using all the backgrounds available. Until, that is, I switch on the sync theme option. Then the theme which...
  10. Change Desktop Background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Desktop Background in Windows 10: How to: Change Desktop Background in Windows 10 How to Change your Desktop Background in Windows 10 Your desktop background (also called wallpaper) can be a picture from your personal collection or included with Windows, a solid color, or a slideshow playing selected...