Windows 10: Desktop Background keeps changing.

Discus and support Desktop Background keeps changing. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In windows 10, whenever i try to change my desktop background, it stays. But when i go onto another tab for a bit then go back, it changes to some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FlyingPiggles10, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Desktop Background keeps changing.

In windows 10, whenever i try to change my desktop background, it stays. But when i go onto another tab for a bit then go back, it changes to some random image that i don't even have saved onto my computer. For some reason after a while when i click and hold to select multiple things, where i selected shows the image underneath. Here's some images. The first is what the BG is intended to be, the second and third is the image that keeps popping up. This is not a joke or anything (Though the image is hilarious i must admit). I haven't seen anywhere else have help on this.

Desktop Background keeps changing. 3e434adb-1543-46fc-ad2d-7fb0d6b890eb?upload=true.png Desktop Background keeps changing. 3997d759-b245-4df4-baad-ef0e07f19198?upload=true.png Desktop Background keeps changing. e90a3af3-4ebc-462c-b316-a0d3d7595b84?upload=true.png

:)

FlyingPiggles10, Dec 9, 2018

2. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Desktop Background keeps changing.

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Background keeps changing.

1. Desktop Background keeps changing. - Similar Threads - Desktop Background keeps

2. Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing: i have my picture file folder selected which is great, its showing the pictures.The issue is the option that says "change picture every" then gives you the drop down menu of interval time, "1 minute" "10minute" etc, keeps changing every time i load up my computer. I want it...
  3. Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing: i have my picture file folder selected which is great, its showing the pictures.The issue is the option that says "change picture every" then gives you the drop down menu of interval time, "1 minute" "10minute" etc, keeps changing every time i load up my computer. I want it...
  4. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  5. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  6. Desktop background will not change.

7. My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds: Hi,So Windows 11 has the feature to add desktops right?So I have two desktops, 1 for work and 1 for play. I set each set two different backgrounds to distinguish.But whenever I switch between desktops, the background for my play desktop keeps changing to my work desktop...
  8. My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds

My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds: Hi,So Windows 11 has the feature to add desktops right?So I have two desktops, 1 for work and 1 for play. I set each set two different backgrounds to distinguish.But whenever I switch between desktops, the background for my play desktop keeps changing to my work desktop...
  9. Change Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Desktop Background: I want to change the Desktop Background, I want to put a picture of my granddaughter that I have on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-desktop-background/26184aba-aed7-4f05-ac92-8ace3ba1f30c
  10. Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.: can't quite figure out what's going on here... - had three windows 10 pcs networked at my business location (miles from home), all with different desktop backgrounds, all with slightly different configurations. - one of the three pcs was purchased for home use, it was just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop background keeps changing to picture