Windows 10: desktop background not changing in windows 10 for domain users

Discus and support desktop background not changing in windows 10 for domain users in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hiiii I have a problem that desktop background & lock screen not changing in windows 10 for domain users I applied in GPO but for some users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mohd611, May 8, 2016.

1. mohd611 Win User

desktop background not changing in windows 10 for domain users

Hiiii

I have a problem that desktop background & lock screen not changing in windows 10 for domain users
    I applied in GPO but for some users applied the update but for some users not applied.

The wallpaper & lock screen is changed through group policy.

I have machines are a mix of win 7 and 10 ( 64 bit).

i have tried gpupdate /force but it also doesnt works.
    it is show update successfully .

please help me to solve this issue soon.

thank you

:)

mohd611, May 8, 2016

2. I can't change my desktop wallpaper since I activated Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us with an update.

There is an Ease of Access setting in Control Panel that removes background images. To check your background settings in Ease of Access, follow these steps.

• Right-click on Start and select Control panel. Click on
      Ease of Access, and then click Ease of Access Center.
    • Under Explore all settings, click Make the computer easier to see.
    • Make sure that the option to Remove background images not selected.
    • Click OK twice, and then close the Ease of Access Center window.

If you are joined to a domain, your domain administrator may have disabled the option to change the desktop background. To check the desktop background policy, follow these steps.

Click here to view or hide detailed information

• Click Start, type Group Policy in the
      Search box, and then click Edit Group Policy on the list.
    • Click User Configuration, click Administrative Templates, click
      Desktop, and then click Desktop again.
    • Double-click Desktop WallpaperSelect.

Note If the Policy is enabled and set to a specific image, users cannot change the background. If the option is enabled and the image is not available, no background image is displayed.
    • Click Not Configured to enable the option to change the desktop background.

Keep us posted the outcome to guide you further.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 8, 2016
  3. Set for monitor 1/2 option is missing

Hi Mohammed,

Network permissions is one of the possible reasons why
    setting an image as a desktop background
    on both of your monitors
    disappeared on the list of options
    . To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Aside from changing your desktop background, did you make any changes or
      installed a Windows update prior to this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest creating a new user account and see if the same issue will occur while logged in to a different user profile. To do this, simply follow the steps in

article

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, May 8, 2016
Thema:

desktop background not changing in windows 10 for domain users

1. desktop background not changing in windows 10 for domain users - Similar Threads - desktop background changing

2. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  3. Desktop Background Theme Changes Affect Other Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Background Theme Changes Affect Other Users: Hi,I just installed Windows 11 in a brand new machine and I am facing this weird issue. I have two different users both as Administrators. When I change the desktop background theme wallpaper in one of them it affects the other too. The change usually affects the other user...
  4. Desktop Background Theme Changes Affect Other Users

Desktop Background Theme Changes Affect Other Users: Hi,I just installed Windows 11 in a brand new machine and I am facing this weird issue. I have two different users both as Administrators. When I change the desktop background theme wallpaper in one of them it affects the other too. The change usually affects the other user...
  5. Windows 10 - Desktop Background Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Desktop Background Changes: Firstly, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I have tried to find an answer to this but the information available seems to to not provide much help.Microsoft Intune / Endpoint ManagerWithin here I have created my config profiles for my users, the one that i'm...
  6. Windows 10 - Desktop Background Changes

Windows 10 - Desktop Background Changes: Firstly, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I have tried to find an answer to this but the information available seems to to not provide much help.Microsoft Intune / Endpoint ManagerWithin here I have created my config profiles for my users, the one that i'm...
  7. Windows 10 - Desktop Background Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Why windows 10 desktop background is black on domain user

Why windows 10 desktop background is black on domain user: Why Windows 10 desktop background is black on domain user??????????? If same user i login in other system than my company default background coming. i delete the file from this path C:\Users\harnish.accuris\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles and restart...
  9. Change Desktop Background

Change Desktop Background: I want to change the Desktop Background, I want to put a picture of my granddaughter that I have on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-desktop-background/26184aba-aed7-4f05-ac92-8ace3ba1f30c
  10. Change Desktop Background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Desktop Background in Windows 10: How to: Change Desktop Background in Windows 10 How to Change your Desktop Background in Windows 10 Your desktop background (also called wallpaper) can be a picture from your personal collection or included with Windows, a solid color, or a slideshow playing selected...