Windows 10: Desktop Background Personalization

Discus and support Desktop Background Personalization in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On Windows 10 I cannot get my chosen personal photo to display the way I want it to, despite the fact that I've succeeded before using a photo I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by foram2, May 27, 2020.

1. foram2 Win User

Desktop Background Personalization

On Windows 10 I cannot get my chosen personal photo to display the way I want it to, despite the fact that I've succeeded before using a photo I got online:

I want it to fill the monitor screen, running underneath the desktop icons, which I have grouped on the far left of the screen screen, top to bottom.

Problem: Neither "Fit" nor the choice for full screen Full or Fill do the trick. The grid that I think I used before is frozen - no response at all to hovering or clicks.

Below is what happens with two of the screen positioning/location choices. "Stretch" distorts it terribly, and the other zooms in causing a small portion of the photo to fill the screen.

1. Choice 1: Full screen Full or Fill cuts off the bottom of the photo AND hides even the minimal task bar I have on the lower edge of the screen.

2. Choice 2: "Fit" screen squares up the photo leaving +/- 3"-wide strips from top to bottom on the far right and far left of my rectangular monitor- of whatever color I select. It's really annoying because the edges of the desktop icon column just slightly overlap the photo. It looks like a glitch.

I want the picture to extend fully underneath the icons, and simply fill the screen right to left but without the two problems I cited above in Choice 1.

The first time I personalized my screen I chose a photo I liked from somewhere online with no problem. I think I positioned it by using that grid on the top left of the Personalize page. It's a grid of various squares and rectangles right above the other the choose a background and position choices.

:)

foram2, May 27, 2020

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 27, 2020
  3. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, May 27, 2020
  4. Desktop Background Personalization

Personalize desktop with pictures taken and stored within My Pictures

Hi Granite,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new folder, copy pictures whichever you want to set as desktop background and paste in new folder.

Now browse and select this folder to set as desktop background. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on desktop and select Personalize.
    • Under background select Slideshow.
    • Now browse for the folder which you created.
    • Turn on Shuffle.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Background Personalization

1. Desktop Background Personalization - Similar Threads - Desktop Background Personalization

2. What happen to the virtual desktop background personalization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happen to the virtual desktop background personalization?: It seems that with the new update of windows 11 the option of setting different background for the different virtual desk have disappeared and there is no error messages shown on screen, when I try to change a different background for a different virtual desk, is applied to...
  3. What happen to the virtual desktop background personalization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happen to the virtual desktop background personalization?: It seems that with the new update of windows 11 the option of setting different background for the different virtual desk have disappeared and there is no error messages shown on screen, when I try to change a different background for a different virtual desk, is applied to...
  4. Personalize Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalize Background: Is there a way to set a fix time in changing background picture? I would like to set it for every HH:00, HH:15, HH:30 and HH:45 OR HH:00 and HH:30 It may look like an interval of 15 minutes or 30 minutes, but not really. Sample: If I open the desktop at HH:20, the...
  5. Personalize Desktop Background

Personalize Desktop Background: I keep picking a folder for a slideshow and it keeps changing back to the dafault folder. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalize-desktop-background/9c48be3f-abc4-4c7a-8e72-9361a20a2311
  6. Personalize Background

Personalize Background: How do I create a background that displays my Mantra. in text? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalize-background/e8374310-ee28-441c-b118-d336de459510
  7. Classic desktop background & color personalization to control panel

Classic desktop background & color personalization to control panel: I would like to add Classic Desktop Background and Classic Color and Appearance shortcuts to the control panel (since links go to the new settings options instead) using the shortcuts from the tutorials below: Create Desktop Background shortcut in Windows 10 Create Color and...
  8. Unable to personalize background

Unable to personalize background: When I try to personalize my background Norton crashes and the pictures disappear. This started when I installed Office. I downloaded a patch that is supposed to fix the issue between Win10 and Office....
  9. Personalization - Background - Slideshow

Personalization - Background - Slideshow: The option for selecting photos for the slideshow says "Choose albums for your slideshow". I'm curious about the choice of the word "albums" instead of merely "folders". But aside from that, the BROWSE button allows one to select only ONE folder instead of multiple folders....
  10. Personalization of desktop background

Personalization of desktop background: I just got a new pc running Win 10. I am very much into personalization - I want to feel that this computer is MINE. I put up a background picture last week, chose a custom color as my background color and let Win 10 choose an accent color. When I went to change to a...