Windows 10: Desktop background picture distorts but App screens OK

Discus and support Desktop background picture distorts but App screens OK in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using a standard Windows picture for my desktop, but I have also tried using a custom slide show, and the same problem occurs in both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vivsimm, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Vivsimm Win User

Desktop background picture distorts but App screens OK

I am using a standard Windows picture for my desktop, but I have also tried using a custom slide show, and the same problem occurs in both situations.The desktop picture looks fine when I have no apps open. When I open any app in full screen, it also looks fine.However, when I reduce the size of an app screen, in which case I can see part of the desktop screen, the right side of the desktop screen looks fine if I have the app screen positioned at the left side but, if I drag the app screen towards the right, the desktop picture distorts at the right side.Picture of open screen at left attache

:)

Vivsimm, Sep 6, 2022
  2. PaulKohn1 Win User

desktop background pictures become distorted

This is a stock reply which is irrelevant to my issue. The fact that it is occurring on two different computers which were both running perfectly for a long time until around a month ago indicates that the suggested strategies are not going to work.

They are both set to the recommended resolution and as 'slideshow' is a theme, removing it would defeat the purpose as removing the distortion from the desktop background - if that actually worked - would also remove the desktop background which I wish to
    view.

If anyone has a serious suggestion for a solution I'd welcome it. Otherwise I can live with this issue until it gets resolved somehow.

PaulKohn1, Sep 6, 2022
  3. PaulKohn1 Win User
    desktop background pictures become distorted

This is happening on two separate Win10 installations on different computers. I am running slideshows as desktop background images, and the image in the background becomes distorted with horizontal bars across the image, starting at the bottom of the screen.
    I can remove the problem by moving to the 'next desktop background', but it comes back sooner or later.

Not a display driver or graphics card issue as it occurs on two separate computers and doesn't affect any other part of the computers' operations apart from the desktop background. I suspect this is something that has crept in with an update but can't find
    any reference to it via Google.

Any suggestions for a solution most welcome. Screenshot below.

Desktop background picture distorts but App screens OK 07f59caa-aefd-4720-ba7e-d00942ff11e1?upload=true.jpg

PaulKohn1, Sep 6, 2022
  4. pepanee Win User

Desktop picture distorted or disappears

Try changing your Desktop picture to a different picture:
    Settings > Personalization > Background: Picture. Then select a different picture by pressing the Browse button.

After you do that, do the same steps again to select your picture once again. Restart the computer, and hopefully that could fix it.

pepanee, Sep 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Desktop background picture distorts but App screens OK - Similar Threads - Desktop background picture

2. Desktop background picture distorts but App screens OK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background picture distorts but App screens OK: I am using a standard Windows picture for my desktop, but I have also tried using a custom slide show, and the same problem occurs in both situations.The desktop picture looks fine when I have no apps open. When I open any app in full screen, it also looks fine.However, when...
  3. Desktop background picture distorts but App screens OK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop background picture distorts but App screens OK: I am using a standard Windows picture for my desktop, but I have also tried using a custom slide show, and the same problem occurs in both situations.The desktop picture looks fine when I have no apps open. When I open any app in full screen, it also looks fine.However, when...
  4. Desktop Background Picture is Hazy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background Picture is Hazy: All of a sudden my desktop background looks hazy and washed out. When I click on the program dialogue box the picture and color look fine. What is going on?...
  5. desktop background pictures become distorted

desktop background pictures become distorted: This is happening on two separate Win10 installations on different computers. I am running slideshows as desktop background images, and the image in the background becomes distorted with horizontal bars across the image, starting at the bottom of the screen. I can remove the...
  6. Desktop background picture.

Desktop background picture.: I clicked on a picture to make it the desktop background… which it did, but there is a large "over-scan", so the edges of the pic are missing. How do I shrink the displayed background to show the whole picture? Thanks for all replies....
  7. Desktop Background Picture problem

Desktop Background Picture problem: Though I can't be sure, it appears that something in the last update, or the one before the last, has changed my desktop background picture. It used to be extremely clear and crisp, and now it is very hazy and washed out. Could it have something to do with the custom...
  8. Desktop background Picture

Desktop background Picture: I use Windows 10 I would like to cancel/delete the background picture which I can see on my PC desktop. This picture added by mistake. Please comment. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-picture/68307af9-f96d-4cc4-8c2d-2f799e00e6f6
  9. Desktop Background Picture

Desktop Background Picture: Can anyone tell me why my Desktop Background Picture keeps reverting to the previously selected one every 2-3 days and how to cure it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-picture/a606adc4-b343-4184-9dcc-ffe3d1ecb682
  10. Desktop picture distorted or disappears

Desktop picture distorted or disappears: My machine, after restart and login, the desktop picture disappears partially, it looks like it doesn’t draw completely, but it’s still there. Then when I go to the settings for it, the desktop picture redraws, and it’s back. I have pictures, but I don’t know how to upload...