Windows 10: Desktop Background Randomly changing

Discus and support Desktop Background Randomly changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Desktop Background keeps changing from the Wallpapers file I choose to a desktop background where it only shows a few of my pictures. All of your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BryanWhincup, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Desktop Background Randomly changing

My Desktop Background keeps changing from the Wallpapers file I choose to a desktop background where it only shows a few of my pictures. All of your previous answers were for older systems and it seems over 50 people have asked similar question. Can we provide a step by step fix for most current version of Microsoft please?

:)

BryanWhincup, Sep 18, 2019

2. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Desktop Background Randomly changing

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Background Randomly changing

1. Desktop Background Randomly changing - Similar Threads - Desktop Background Randomly

2. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  3. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  4. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lockscreen background randomly changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lockscreen background randomly changes: I have tried to search for an answer for this before and have not found one. Apparently this has been a problem for a while for many people. My setting is set to picture, not windows spotlight, not slideshow and yet every time I restart there is a chance the background will...
  6. Lockscreen background randomly changes

Lockscreen background randomly changes: I have tried to search for an answer for this before and have not found one. Apparently this has been a problem for a while for many people. My setting is set to picture, not windows spotlight, not slideshow and yet every time I restart there is a chance the background will...
  7. Is there a way to randomly change the desktop background on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to randomly change the desktop background on startup?: I wrote a script to randomly change my desktop background, and it works. BUT, I can not get it to run through task scheduler or even the run console. Was able to get a shortcut to run it, but I can not get it to run automatically. I need it to run on startup, not logon, for...
  8. Change Desktop Background

Change Desktop Background: I want to change the Desktop Background, I want to put a picture of my granddaughter that I have on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-desktop-background/26184aba-aed7-4f05-ac92-8ace3ba1f30c
  9. Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed Desktop Background At Home, And It Changed Office Background.: can't quite figure out what's going on here... - had three windows 10 pcs networked at my business location (miles from home), all with different desktop backgrounds, all with slightly different configurations. - one of the three pcs was purchased for home use, it was just...
  10. Desktop Background Slideshow Sometime Changes Randomly

Desktop Background Slideshow Sometime Changes Randomly: I have Desktop Background set to change once every 6 hours. Most of the time it seems to behave itself. Sometimes, however, it can change several times in a short time. Three times in one hour, twice within 3 hours, etc. At least twice, and perhaps more times, the...