Windows 10: Desktop background randomly comes up black

Discus and support Desktop background randomly comes up black in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have up to date version of Windows 10 Pro 1909 installed on Lenovo T520 8GB RAM. When installed, I set the Desktop background as a solid blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by agent99, Jan 24, 2020.

1. agent99 Win User

Desktop background randomly comes up black

I have up to date version of Windows 10 Pro 1909 installed on Lenovo T520 8GB RAM.

When installed, I set the Desktop background as a solid blue colour. Now, every now and then, the background is solid black after booting. Refreshing does not correct this. If I go the settings - personalize, the black box is checked off. If I recheck the blue box, then we are back where it it should be. THis may be OK for a few days, and then I will get the black screen again.

Anyone have any idea why this would happen? Never did with Win7.

:)

agent99, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Xelvania Win User

Desktop background randomly goes completely black

I think there were already signs of this bound to happen when I noticed a while back that my desktop was refreshing randomly, but I didn't really make anything of it. I've done numerous virus scans with everything updated via Malwarebytes Premium and my own Windows Defender Program and it always tells me I'm clean. Now, my background on my desktop just goes black randomly and a way to fix it is to just refresh the background and my wallpaper comes back...Also, sometimes when I click and hold down my left mouse button and drag to create a box on my desktop, it'll create blackness instead of being transparent like it usually is and the black stays. Can anyone please help me? This is starting to bug me real bad. I have everything updated. Windows 10, my graphic card's drivers, everything. Really not sure what in the hell is causing this..

Xelvania, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Xelvania Win User

Desktop background randomly goes completely black

Not sure how to edit my post (can't find an edit button anywhere), but here's a photo of my screen black and me dragging my mouse cursor while holding the left click down. Apparently, I start removing the black by doing this and it reveals my wallpaper, little by little. It's so weird and I don't know what is causing this.

Desktop background randomly comes up black [​IMG]

Xelvania, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop background randomly comes up black - Similar Threads - Desktop background randomly

2. School laptop background randomly black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    School laptop background randomly black?: So randomly my school laptop has been having a black desktop background and I didn't change it to that. It kinda just happpened automatically? What could I do to change it?...
  3. School laptop background randomly black?

in Windows 10 Customization
    School laptop background randomly black?: So randomly my school laptop has been having a black desktop background and I didn't change it to that. It kinda just happpened automatically? What could I do to change it?...
  4. Desktop Background becomes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Background becomes black: https://imgur.com/a/GmIYbJa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-becomes-black/502733b8-b9af-46fd-9854-abdd3cddf87f
  5. Desktop Background becomes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Background becomes black: https://imgur.com/a/GmIYbJa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-becomes-black/502733b8-b9af-46fd-9854-abdd3cddf87f
  6. Desktop Background becomes black

7. Black background on random embroidery thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black background on random embroidery thumbnails: Hi,I've been using file explorer for a lifetime. Recently, random thumbnails of embroidery designs in File Explorer, Win 10, build 19041, have a black background and look distorted like in a funhouse hall of mirrors.Using embroidery files for most of my workday, it is...
  8. Desktop Background Randomly changing

Desktop Background Randomly changing: My Desktop Background keeps changing from the Wallpapers file I choose to a desktop background where it only shows a few of my pictures. All of your previous answers were for older systems and it seems over 50 people have asked similar question. Can we provide a step by...
  9. Desktop background randomly goes completely black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background randomly goes completely black: I think there were already signs of this bound to happen when I noticed a while back that my desktop was refreshing randomly, but I didn't really make anything of it. I've done numerous virus scans with everything updated via Malwarebytes Premium and my own Windows Defender...
  10. Desktop background goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background goes black: I have a picture here of my desktop background. Notice how behind the icons is black. Now the entire background just blacked out. I also have problems with menus in apps. Notice how Synctoy isn't displaying the menu correctly. What is going on? [img] [img] 83640