Windows 10: Desktop Background Slideshow pictures selected by tag or label.

Discus and support Desktop Background Slideshow pictures selected by tag or label. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have pictures in a folder where they exist in more than one format and aspect ratio. Is there a way to choose a folder "Vacation 2018" and have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by morrohval, Jun 27, 2019.

1. morrohval Win User

Desktop Background Slideshow pictures selected by tag or label.

I have pictures in a folder where they exist in more than one format and aspect ratio. Is there a way to choose a folder "Vacation 2018" and have the slideshow change my desktop background using only 1920x1080? Or by tag? Or by multiple tags? I have a tag for my family members and a tag of "LW" for Landscape Wallpaper that is 16:9 aspect ratio at any DPI or pixel count...so could I choose a folder "Vacation 2018" and then restrict it to "Tags:spouse" and "Tags:lw" so that only perfectly fitting pictures of my spouse would be selected and shown from the folder and have it ignore all other pictures in the folder that don't have the tags:lw or tags:spouse designation?

:)

morrohval, Jun 27, 2019

2. Select pictures from a folder for background slideshow

In W7 we could select 10 pictures, in a folder containing 100 pictures, to use as our desktop background slideshow.

How do we do this in W10?

Pls and Tx.

hops castle, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Desktop Background Slideshow pictures selected by tag or label.

Picture set turn background to slideshow

Hi Henry,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Can you outline the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to fix the issue?

2. Does the issue occur with other images as well or only the one saved in the desktop?

For now, I suggest that you follow the steps below to change the slideshow option and check.

1. Go to the Settings application

2. Click on Personalization, select Picture from that top dropdown

If the above did not help, change the background picture that you have set and check.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Background Slideshow pictures selected by tag or label.

1. Desktop Background Slideshow pictures selected by tag or label. - Similar Threads - Desktop Background Slideshow

2. Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.: From Settings > Personalization > Background I select "Slideshow" from dropdown for "Personalize your background", I choose my picture album for a slideshow and set change to every 1 minute, and shuffle on, on battery off, fit to desktop.Close settings and my slideshow...
  3. Selecting "slideshow" for desktop background ignores subfolders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selecting "slideshow" for desktop background ignores subfolders: Selecting a "slideshow" option for desktop background only reads images from the current folder but ignores all subfolders. Any way to fix this? I've found 2 weird workarounds, but no actual solutions so far. submitted by /u/Shajirr [link] [comments]...
  4. Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture: I would like to use a picture from the Hubble Space Telescope and set that as my desktop back round. On that I would like to have a slideshow showing pictures of my grandkids : . Can this be done? Thanks...
  5. Desktop Background slideshow

Desktop Background slideshow: I made a few photo collages that I would like to display on my desktop in the form of a slideshow. When I went to personalize my desktop and select photos for the slideshow the folder with my collages showed empty. I saw that in the personalization window it says "choose...
  6. Desktop Background Slideshow

Desktop Background Slideshow: I selected the slideshow option to change pictures every day. It changes every hour instead. I tried every 6 hours and the same happened. The every 1 minute option worked though....
  7. Stop using default pictures in WIN10 desktop background slideshow

Stop using default pictures in WIN10 desktop background slideshow: Hi, I want to create desktop background slideshow from selected (and only selected) directory of my pictures. This was easy (something like settings -> motifs theme -> slideshow -> select source). However with the selected directory of about 5 pictures, the windows...
  8. Select theme pictures-Desktop Background

Select theme pictures-Desktop Background: I can't find the lower panel in the Personalization view. The one where I can select or deselect pictures in a saved theme. I see it on my work desktop running Pro but not on a Home machine. Please don't tell me that's the reason, Home vs Pro? For something simple like...
  9. Background switches from Slideshow to Picture

Background switches from Slideshow to Picture: Hey Everyone, I upgraded my computer (Desktop PC) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 RTM and while everything works good, I have an issue with my background settings. I have a folder on a local drive that has all of the pictures that I want in my slide show, and it works...
  10. Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation

Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation: Has anyone else noticed that the RANDOMISE option on the slideshow for the desktop background doesn't seem to exist anymore? Or am I looking in the wrong place compared to win7/8. Steve 7683